First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town chief full of optimism for start of the campa

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Coleshill Town chief full of optimism for start of the campaign
Writes the Coleshill Herald

CHAIRMAN Paul Billing says Coleshill Town head into the new campaign with a wave of optimism surrounding the club.

Coleshill enjoyed a fine season last time out, securing a top four finish in the Midland Alliance while also reaching the fourth round of the FA Vase.

And Billing says those achievements have left everyone full of excitement as the club prepare for the inaugural Midland Football League Premier Division campaign.

"After last season, we have got to look forward to it," Billing said.

"We are hoping to keep the momentum going from what was a great campaign for us.

"I guess there's a nervous excitement in some ways because you are only as good as the first or second result and you can quickly find yourself kicked in the teeth.

"But we have got a good bunch of lads here and I feel we are stronger than we were at the start of last season.

"We have brought in quality such as Shane Benjamin. He's got a lot of goals in him and will be massive for us.

"We will have Matt Brown back from a spell in the United States soon too and they will be a formidable pairing.

"And we have quality through the side so I think there's every reason for optimism.

"But it is a tough league. We finished higher than we anticipated last year and we will have to work hard to replicate that.

"There are some very good sides, with Basford United throwing a lot of money at it.

"The likes of Westfields, Stourport and Quorn will also be strong and Boldmere St Michaels had a good season.

"So it will be a competitive league and hopefully we can be in there battling in the top six or higher."

And Billing is also keen for Coleshill to enjoy another memorable FA Vase run.

"We had a taste for it last year and I really enjoyed it," he said. "I also went to watch the FA Vase final and the standard of football was no better than us so that should give us heart for the competition."

Return to “First Team News”