First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill set to experience FA Cup magic

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Coleshill set to experience FA Cup magic
Writes The Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL set off on the Road to Wembley this weekend as they look to maintain their recent reputation as cup kings.

Coleshill enjoyed a fine run in the FA Vase last season, reaching the fourth round of the national competition.

Midland Football League Premier high-fliers Coleshill play host to Division One side Nuneaton Griff on Saturday.

Chairman Paul Billing said: "I am looking forward to it, it's always fun.

"I love the national cup competitions to be honest. It's exciting to be involved in and we'll be going out to have a good go.

"Hopefully we will have a good crowd. It's a local derby so there should be a great atmosphere as well.

"We go into the weekend in fine form and I just think we have to make sure we are not over confident."

Confidence is high, however, with Coleshill second in the table right now with 10 points from four games.

"We are chuffed to bits with how things are going," Billing added. "We knew we had assembled a decent squad of players in the summer but they have gelled very quickly.

"We are up at the top, scoring goals and creating chances and hopefully we can maintain that form and keep up the pace with the league leaders (Basford)."

Return to “First Team News”