First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Casey eyes new forward as Coleshill aim to strike back

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:28 pm

Casey eyes new forward as Coleshill aim to strike back
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey is looking to add a new striker to his ranks in the next few days as he looks to boost his squad after back-to-back defeats.

Casey remains happy with the position his side are in – handily placed in the top six.

But he has made a forward his priority after losses against Stourport Swifts and AFC Wulfrunians.

"We have had a frustrating couple of games," he said. "We were unlucky in the Stourport game and just didn't finish our chances.

"In the game against AFC Wulfrunians, we played well in the first half but didn't perform after the break.

"I just feel right now that, defensively we are strong but we are not firing offensively.

"We are not playing as a team in an attacking sense and our movement up front has not been good enough.

"We brought Matty Brown back recently but he has yet to rekindle the form of last season.

"I am sure he will but I am also looking to bring in another striker and I think it will cause a stir if I am able to pull it off."

A new striker is unlikely to arrive in time for the home game with Heath Hayes on Saturday but could feature at Bedworth in the Birmingham Senior Cup on Tuesday night.

Coleshill could be boosted by the return of skipper Danny Tymon this weekend as he is set to recover from a back injury.

"We have lacked a bit of leadership and Danny has been a massive loss for us so it would be great to have him back," said Casey.

And, despite two defeats in a row, Casey is happy with how things are progressing.

"We are making advances both on and off the pitch this season," he said.

"We have six more points than we had at this stage last season and we are fifth in the table.

"We also have games in hand and we are challenging for the top three so we have to be happy with the way things are going right now."

Return to “First Team News”