First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town swoop for Piggon

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:22 am

Coleshill Town swoop for Piggon
Writes the Coleshill Herald

Coleshill Town have completed the signing of former Bedworth United striker Mitchell Piggon.

Manager Paul Casey says the capture is a 'fantastic coup' for the Midland League Premier Division high-fliers.

And the move sets up the mouthwatering prospect of a three-pronged attack with Matty Brown and leading goalscorer Shane Benjamin, who bagged four in the 6-1 win over Heath Hayes on Saturday.

"It's a fantastic signing for us and I am overjoyed," said Casey. "We have been in communication with Mitch for quite a while now and he almost joined us in the summer.

"But he got a brilliant offer from Daventry in the end and couldn't really turn that down.

"Things have changed since then, though, and he rang me up for a chat and we have managed to bring him in now.

"I have felt for a few weeks that we needed to freshen things up in attack a little bit.

"He gives us that extra option up front and when I look at teams in the division, from top to bottom, no side has three strikers as good as Mitch, Shane and Matty, in my view.

"And we also have a great young talent in Simeon Cobourne, so these are exciting times for us.

"It's now a case of letting these lads build up their relationships now, and for me to find the right formula, but once they get the understanding, we will have a real force on our hands.

"Having these strikers on board is massive for Coleshill Town. As I have said before, we are trying to build something here at Coleshill and this is another positive step for us."

Elsewhere, Jack Hullin has left Coleshill to sign for Boldmere St Michaels.

Return to “First Team News”