First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town are primed for a tricky FA Vase challenge

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Coleshill Town are primed for a tricky FA Vase challenge
Writes the Coleshill Herald

PAUL Casey admits his Coleshill Town side face a tricky test in the FA Vase this weekend.

But, as they prepare to travel to Heanor Town, Casey is confident his squad have the ability to progress in the competition.

Heanor are third in the Northern Counties East Premier and have lost just once at home in the league this season.

And Casey said: "They are a very strong side, a physical outfit.

"I think it will be a good game, one that could go either way.

"I would label them in the bracket of Basford, who we lost to at the weekend, in terms of difficulty.

"But, if we create the chances we did against them last weekend, I am confident that we can progress.

"It's a game we are looking forward to. We had a great run in the FA Vase last season and it would be nice to do the same this year.

"I actually went to watch last year's final at Wembley and it was a fantastic experience. That's what all teams in the competition are dreaming of.

"So we are certainly looking forward to this weekend and we will go to Heanor in positive mood and we will look to enjoy it."

Coleshill enter the clash on the back of two league defeats – to Stourport Swifts and Basford United – but Casey is confident that his troops can turn the tide quickly.

"We have lost two on the bounce but I do not see anything bad about it," he said.

"We are doing just fine. I am happy with how we are playing and I am happy with team morale.

"I am pleased with our shape and how everything is coming together. I am confident we will get back to winning ways quickly."

Meanwhile, midfielder Barry Fitzharris has left Coleshill to find a new challenge.

But Declan Kirby could make his return to the Coleshill squad in the next couple of weeks as he recovers from a broken leg.

He could feature for Coleshill reserves next week.

Return to “First Team News”