First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Boss Casey calls for patience as Coleshill target final spot

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:45 am

Boss Casey calls for patience as Coleshill target final spot
Writes the Coleshill Herald.

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey says his side will require patience as they chase a place in the final of the League Cup tonight (Thursday, kick off 7.45pm).

The Colemen host Rocester in the second leg of their League Cup semi-final, trailing 1-0 from the opening game between the sides.

"It's going to be tough," said Casey. "Rocester are a good side and I expect it to be a very tight game.

"We have got to chase the result but I will be urging the lads to just make sure they play their normal game.

"Thursday night is going to be all about patience. We have to make sure we keep it tight at the back and hopefully the goal we need will come."

Coleshill go into the game on the back of a 5-0 thumping at Kirby Muxloe, a result which all but ended their hopes of winning the Midland Premier title.

The second-placed Colemen now trail leaders Basford by 12 points although they do have two games in hand.

"It was disappointing against Kirby Muxloe but I am not going to hammer my lads," said Casey. "We tried something different with the formation. I changed things around a bit and it didn't work.

"To be fair, Kirby are a good side and they beat Basford 3-0 the other week as well.

"Four of the five goals they scored were as good as you will see.

"Ryan Seal scored four goals for them and two are contenders for goal of the season.

"We huffed and puffed but it was a tough day for us."

He added: "The squad is getting a bit stretched now.

"We were missing Will Worthington, Rickie Cutting, Jacob Wright and Leon Weller and now we could be without Danny Tymon for the rest of the season too.

"But we will dig deep. We have the cup semi-final to look forward to tonight and we have the chance to finish second in the league. There's plenty at stake still.

"Whatever happens it's been a great season."

Return to “First Team News”