First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town boss Casey aims to ensure second spot

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:46 am

Coleshill Town boss Casey aims to ensure second spot

Writes the Coleshill Herald

MANAGER Paul Casey has tasked his Coleshill Town side with claiming maximum points from their remaining league games as they look to secure a second place finish in the Midland Football League Premier Division.

With four games left of the campaign, and leaders Basford United out of reach, Casey is keen for his players to remain focused.

"We've four games left and I'm targeting winning every one of them," he said, following Tuesday night's 5-0 victory at Heath Hayes.

"We can finish on 92 points and that is what I'm looking for.

"We have broken last year's records, as we finished on 78 points and we scored 96 goals and we still have four games left."

And he believes that coveted second spot is now well within his side's grasp.

"I think we needed eight points beforehand, and we took three points," he said. "We've got four games left so we need five points to secure that second position, that's if everyone won everything. I don't think we can finish below third now."

With news recently that up to four teams could be falling out of the Evo-Stik South, due to a variety of reasons, it has left some teams at Step Five of the non-league pyramid feeling aggrieved that still only one team goes up.

Return to “First Team News”