EVERY GAME FOR 15 YEARS!

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

EVERY GAME FOR 15 YEARS!

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:28 pm

EVERY GAME FOR 15 YEARS!

Researching the history of a club that has been playing football since 1885 is a mammoth task especially as very little information has been stored and handed down!

Over the last few years I have been researching to a format that was beneficial to the match day programme by concentrating on games 25, 50 and 100 years before the current season, which meant large gaps developing between those years.

Over the summer I decided to concentrate on the years since I started the web site back in 2000 and that has brought me to a position that I can now say:
"Every game Coleshill Town FC have played since the start of the 2000/01 season now has it's own page".

Most pages have the date, score, scorers, team and match report but despite extensive research of the Coleshill Gazette, Coleshill Herald, Sunday Mercury and the Sports Argus, some do still have details missing!

I challenge you to read any page and if you find a mistake or have further information please, contact me and I will include your input!

I have also done a "Season Review" for each season which has many details of that season including a team picture when available! Again, if you have a picture of the team from any year please let me know!

From the home page go to "Current Season" then to "Results Table" then pick a season from the drop down list. Click on the report and read the page.

If you have anything to add please contact me on almeda76@btinternet.com

I've already started on the 90's and I'm close to completing the "Results Table" for those years but I'm a long way off completing the "Match Report" pages. That will keep me busy all season!!

I must thank the above publications for permission to reproduce their information!

Return to “First Team News”