Coleshill Town's Casey speaks of 'incredible week'!

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town's Casey speaks of 'incredible week'!

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Coleshill Town's Casey speaks of 'incredible week' after Stafford Rangers win
Writes the Coleshill Herald

Coleshill Town FC boss Paul Casey has reflected on an 'incredible week' for his squad after they stunned Stafford Rangers in the FA Cup on Saturday.

The Colemen clinched a 2-1 win over their Evo-Stik League rivals as they followed up last week's 5-4 win over Hereford in the Midland League Premier.

Casey said: "I have just had two of the biggest results of my managerial career, it's been fantastic.

"It's been a really incredible week.

"The fantastic thing for me is that it has shown what a great squad we have here.

"There were lads who watched the Hereford game from the bench, who we brought into the side for the Stafford game at the weekend.

"Players like Chris Cowley and Brendon Murphy came in, we switched Rob Evans from centre back to right back and we made changes up front.

"It was my way of giving the squad a vote of confidence. I wanted to see where we were at as a squad and the lads came in and did a fantastic job.

"It was a terrific win for us against Stafford who, let's not forget, were unbeaten. To be honest, we could have scored two or three more.

"I am delighted. We are building up this real spirit and atmosphere at the club right now and, in my opinion, our performances can only get better."

Return to “First Team News”