First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Are Out To Cause Another FA Cup Upset

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:34 pm

Coleshill are out to cause another upset in FA Cup
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town take another step on what has already been an incredible FA Cup journey as they take on Evo-Stik First Division South side Newcastle Town on Saturday.

Paul Casey's men have already progressed through two rounds, thrashing Ellesmere Rangers 11-0 in their opening tie.

They then stunned Evo-Stik side Stafford Rangers 2-1 and go in search of another upset this weekend.

The fascinating first qualifying round clash will take place at Tamworth FC's Lamb Ground, kick-off 3pm, and Coleshill chairman Paul Billing can't wait for the encounter.

"It's been a fantastic adventure for us already," he said. "The Stafford win was great. They were expected to beat us but we managed to get the result and it was a terrific experience.

"Those are the sort of games that you want to be involved in.

"Hopefully we can keep the run going with a win against Newcastle.

"They are obviously in the division above so they will again be favourites.

"But we managed to get past Stafford so we do feel that, if we play to our potential, we are in with a shout this weekend.

"We have got to believe in ourselves and I am really looking forward to it.

"We are playing at Tamworth FC so that adds to the excitement and hopefully it will be a good contest."

Coleshill will be without the likes of Tom Weale and Danny Douglas for the cup clash and Billing believes it is injuries which have hampered them in the Midland Premier League so far.

"It's been a bit stop-start," he said. "We have had some great results against the likes of Hereford and Stourport but a couple of defeats too.

"Injuries have not helped but we are doing okay so far.

"I am delighted with the work Paul Casey is doing here.

"He is making all of our wishes come true. He's still developing himself, as a manager, and it's nice because I feel that he is growing with the club.

"We have ambitions going forward and so does he."

Return to “First Team News”