First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill must 'believe' ahead of FA Cup clash with Fylde

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:30 am

Coleshill Town must 'believe' ahead of FA Cup clash with AFC Fylde
Writes the Coleshill Herald.

Coleshill Town assistant boss Dave Haywood has urged the squad to 'believe' as they prepare for an FA Cup showdown at National North high-flyers AFC Fylde on Saturday.

Coleshill head into the third qualifying round clash in the north-west as massive underdogs.

But Haywood says anything is possible when it comes to the FA Cup.

"The lads are really excited about the Fylde game now," he said. "I must admit, I can't wait for it either. It can't come quick enough for me.

"No-one expects us to get a result there. Individually they will be better than us but we will prepare properly for the game and make sure that our attitude is spot on.

"We are heading there (to Fylde) with the intention of having a good go. There is no point in us being defeatist.

"We have to believe in ourselves. It's the FA Cup, so you just never know. Upsets have happened before and they will happen again."

Haywood knows that Fylde will provide a stern test for Coleshill, having spoken to a number of his contacts about them.

"We know what they are about," he said. "They are a very good footballing side, who like to keep the ball for fun.

"Everyone I have spoken to paints the same picture of them.

"But we will set ourselves up to compete and we will try to make ourselves hard to beat. We have to make sure we are well organised and, if we are, who knows?

"What we have said to the lads is to make sure that they have no regrets when they come off the pitch at the end. That will be the most important thing."

Return to “First Team News”