Up for the cup! Barlone is buzzing ahead of Fylde test

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Up for the cup! Barlone is buzzing ahead of Fylde test

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 am

Up for the cup! Barlone is buzzing ahead of Fylde test!
Writes the Coleshill Herald

LUKE Barlone says the magic of the FA Cup makes anything possible as Coleshill head to National League North high-flyers AFC Fylde on Saturday.

Striker Barlone, who has scored five times in the competition so far, knows his team are expected to lose at Kellamergh Park this weekend.

But he said: "The lads are all buzzing for the weekend and we cannot wait to be honest.

"It's going to be hard. We are realistic and know that we face a difficult tie.

"We have come through some tough tests so far, against higher league opponents, but this is another step up from those games.

"It's a massive, massive challenge to go up there and try to beat them.

"But, it is the FA Cup and anything can happen.

"The fact is that we can just go there and play our own game and see where it goes.

"No-one is expecting us to go through or get any kind of result. On paper, we are expected to lose the game convincingly so there is no pressure on us whatsoever."

Barlone has done his homework on Fylde, calling on pals in the game for advice.

"I know Liam Daly, who plays for Solihull and we have chatted about Fylde," he said. "Solihull beat them 3-0 earlier in the season.

"I know what a good side they are. They like to pass the ball around and they are very good at it.

"The first 10-20 minutes could be crucial really. If we can get an early goal it might unsettle them a bit and their heads might drop.

"But, if they get an early goal, it might give them a bit more freedom to play so we want to try and get the early advantage."

Whatever happens, Barlone has loved every minute of the FA Cup so far.

"We have done really well to get to the third qualifying round," he said. "It has been a great run so far.

"For me, personally, the first game against Ellesmere stands out because I scored four goals.

"And Stamford in the last round was a great team performance too. I scored and set one up in that as well, so it was probably my favourite of all the games.

"But they have all been memorable – the win against Stafford and beating Newcastle after a replay. It's been fantastic.

"The FA Cup has been very kind to us this year and hopefully we can pull off one more shock now."

Return to “First Team News”