First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Herald 23rd December

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Coleshill FC call for 100 plus fans
Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 00:00

COLESHILL Town joint boss Neil Kitching firmly believes his side can repeat the stunning post-Christmas form that last season led to promotion.
Kitching's men beat promotion favourites Coalville Town 3-1 at Pack Meadow on Saturday with goals from Matty Robinson, Dave Davies and Danny Carter.
And after three wins and one draw since Kitching and Martin Socket took charge following Carl Adams' departure, the co-manager believes a top four or five finish – or maybe better – could still be a possibility.
He told Herald Sport: "Make no bones about it, Coalville are huge favourites to win the league.
"They have got five games in hand because of the FA Vase run they had, plus they have the players and the budget. So the fact we turned them over was really pleasing.

"It was our best result of the season and the performance was excellent too. Their manager said to me at the end that we outworked and outplayed them.
"I sat the lads down after the game on Saturday and told them to pick up the Sunday morning papers the following day and told them to take a look at the table.
"If you look at the top three or four teams in the division, the gap between us and third is 13 points and I rule nothing out. At the end of the day, we turned around a deficit of 21 points to win the league last season.
"I'm not saying by any means that we are going to go on and win the league but there's no reason why Coleshill Town can't have a say in what goes on at the top of the table.
"We were saying that a top ten or eight finish would be good but why not top four or five? With the league restructuring, four teams could get promoted so we want to push on and get ourselves up there".

Coleshill lie 13th in the Midland Alliance after a recent run of form that has put to bed any worries of being dragged into danger at the wrong end of the table.
But their hopes of climbing up the league to make an even bigger impression face a stern test on Boxing Day with a trip to second-placed Boldmere St Michaels.

Kitching added: "They are second in the league and are one of my old clubs too which adds a bit of spice to it for me, plus it's a local derby too so it's a massive game for us.
"But we are seven games unbeaten in the league now and we go into it massively buoyant after the last three or four results.
"Our confidence is sky high and we go into the game positive we can get something.
"The fixtures come thick and fast now. If you can get two or three back-to-back wins over Christmas, it puts you in a great position come the turn of the year.
"We can't look too far ahead but if we can take last weekend's performance into Boxing Day, then we can get a similar result."

Town attracted almost 100 fans to Saturday's game against Coalville and Kitching is hoping that is something that will continue into the New Year.

He added: "It was fantastic, great to see there were a few more in the ground and we were thankful for the support."

Return to “First Team News”