And Stuart Hendrie's Doing OK Too!

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:15 pm

While we applaud the advances James Dance is making in his football career we mustn't forget Stuart Hendrie who has gone one step further than James by making an appearance in the Football League with Division 2 side Morecambe.

Stuart joins the Coleshill Town "Hall of Fame" as a player who has made an appearance for a Football League team as well as Coleshill Town. He currently lives in Water Orton which gets him pretty close to being home grown talent but my understanding is that he was born in Solihull.

Stuart came on as a substitute in the game against Lincoln City on 13th November 2010 and although this, so far, has been his only game, he was an unused substitute in Morecambe's League 2 game against Shrewsbury last saturday.

Stuart played 23 times for Coleshill in the 2008/09 season, scoring 3 goals but he has been a bit of a nomad. He transferred to Stratford that season but came back to Coleshill and then transferred again just before the deadline date to Alvechurch. He started the next season at Atherstone before being given a two week trial at Morecambe and impressed enough to be given a contract.

Stuart (and James Dance) in Coleshill Colours winning the Tony Allden Trophy 22nd October 2008.

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/Profile ... 96,00.html

N.B. I'm pretty sure I've got the spelling right but Morecambe have got it as Stewart.

Return to “First Team News”