First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Edwards Luke's to the future

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:26 pm

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
COLESHILL ARE ROCKED AS KEY DEFENDER HEADS FOR RUGBY

Coleshill Town are to lose the services of key defender Luke Edwards.
Town secured a 3-1 win over Oadby Town in the Midland Alliance on Tuesday night but manager Carl Adams' delight at the win has been overshadowed by the departure of skipper Edwards.
"Luke is leaving us to join Rugby Town and it's a great chance for him," said Adams.
"I'm gutted though because he's a top class defender. But he goes with our blessing. We couldn't stand in his way. I think he's someone who can go onto bigger and better things in the future and good luck to him. With our budget falling we were always going to have our best players cherry-picked. It means we are down to the bare bones now, but we will battle on."

N.B. Luke joined Coleshill from Highgate United in December 2009 and slowly grew in statue until he became the first name on the team sheet. Ironically, Mr Dependable, has only just come back into the side after a long absence through injury. Ex Town Manager Martin Socket, now in charge at Rugby, obviously has had his scouts out and saw that Luke's no nonsense, powerful defending will be an asset to any team and the step up in standard in something I'm sure Luke will take in his stride.

Return to “First Team News”