First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Adams threatens to ring the changes

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:18 pm

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Adams threatens to ring the changes
Coleshill Town manager Carl Adams insists that he will be prepared to "shake things up" at the club if performances do not improve. Town's good start to the Midland Alliance campaign is in danger of slipping after a 3-1 home defeat to Heath Hayes last saturday. Although Coleshill, seventh in the table, responded with a 3-1 home win over Atherstone in the League Cup on Tuesday night, Adams is far from happy. "I got the response from my players in the second half against Atherstone and that was pleasing," said Adams. "I needed to see that reaction from the players but I am still worried about our form. I am not the kind of manager who goes around pulling the wool over people's eyes. We were awful against Heath Hayes last saturday and haven't been on our game for a while. We are really lacking in consistancy and the whole team is playing poorly. Maybe some of the lads think they just have to turn up to turn it on and that's not the way it works. We had a great start to the season but we are in danger of letting it slip. In terms of recent effort, we are in a false position. We need a wake-up call now. Too many players seem to be going through the motions and maybe they think we have arrived. Unless performances improve, joint seventh will become tenth and then you find yourself languishing in mid-table obscurity. That's not acceptable so I need to see some better performances otherwise I will bring other players in and shake it up." Adams already has moved to bring in midfielder Chris Laight from Solihull Moors ahead of this weekend's trip to Stratford. But he has lost the services of Neil Kitching, who suffered a suspected broken leg against Atherstone on Tuesday night.

Return to “First Team News”