First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill boss Adams eager to stop the rot

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:19 pm

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Coleshill Boss Adams Eager To Stop The Rot

Coleshill Town boss Carl Adams believes his side's defeat against Kirby Muxloe at least showed some "light at the end of the tunnel" after a rocky run of form. Coleshill were beaten 1-0 by Kirby in the League Cup on Tuesday night, having slumped to a 3-0 home defeat against Tividale on Saturday. Those back to back defeats added to a worrying run of results for the Midland Alliance side, who have now lost six of their last seven. But Adams said "For me, Tuesday night was much better against Kirby Muxloe and we should have won the game. We didn't but we had a lot of chances that we just couldn't put away. But I take the positives from that, which is more than I could against Tividale at the weekend, when we were awful. Hopefully we can use the Kirby performances as a platform to build on. We have been playing poorly of late, I am not going to hide from that fact. We are in a right slump in terms of results, it's an awful run and there's an element of doom and gloom around the place. We desperately need to halt the slide and reverse our fortunes but it doesn't get any easier and we have a tricky trip to Gresley this weekend. In some ways, this bad run has been a bit of a reality check for us. We had a great start to the season but maybe that raised expectations. We said at the start we were looking for a top eight finish and that's still the case. We are only a few points off the top three because it's such a tight league. The lads are training hard though and there has been no lack of effort and hard work from the players. But I think with the young squad we have, we have been a little bit naive of late. However, as I say, Tuesday was a step back in the right direction, at least in terms of the performance." Adams is without Loyiso Recci, Jason Lanns and Chris Laight for this weekend's clash with Gresley while Neil Kitching remains a long-term injury victim with a broken leg. Adams admitted: "We have our fair share of injuries at the moment but we can't use that as an excuse." Adams is also without Danny Carter this weekend as the striker has family commitments. The forward has, however, turned down a move to Boldmere and Adams said "He's told me he wants to stay and we're delighted."

Return to “First Team News”