First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Adams Will Develop From Testing Time

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 pm

THE COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Adams Will Develop From Testing Time

Coleshill Town boss Carl Adams admits he is in the middle of his most testing time as a manager. But he has vowed to come through it a stronger and better boss. A 2-0 defeat at Gresley Rovers on Saturday means that Coleshill have picked up just one point from a possible 24 in the Midland Alliance endangering their bright start to the campaign. But Adams believes recent performances indicate things are heading back in the right direction as they prepare for the visit of Loughborough University on Saturday afternoon (kick off 3pm) "It's been tough of late but when I saw the fixture list for this period, I always thought it would be." said Adams. The run of games wasn't kind to us and I would be lying if I said it hadn't been tough. Being on this run is a real test for me. It's the worst run I have ever had as a manager. I'm still a young manager at the end of the day, learning things, and have been largely successful since getting into management. This marks a real challenge but I want to come out of it a better and stronger person. Recent results have been poor but the signs are that we are starting to pick up our performances. Against Gresley on Saturday, for example, we had our chances, some clear cut opportunities. We lost 2-0 but it should have been 2-2."
A lack of goals, Adams feels, has been a major factor in his side's run of late. And he has moved to address the situation with a move for striker Richard Gregory. The Willenhall Town forward has scored six times this season despite his side being rooted to the bottom of the Alliance.
"We are not scoring enough goals, it's as simple as that," said Adams. "If we could get Richard in for the weekend it would be a great signing for us."
Adams is boosted by the return of Danny Carter this weekend but Loyiso Recci and Jason Lanns are doubts. The Coleshill boss believes the home clash with Loughborough is a chance to turn the corner. He said "They are a decent side but a bit hit and miss of late. We have Loughborough then Willenhall and Alvechurch coming up and ideally we would be targeting six points from those games. If we can those points we will be back into the top ten and that is, realistically, where we want to be at this stage. If we can get into the top ten again, we can look to push on again after Christmas."

Return to “First Team News”