Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Alvechurch 3 v 0 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:28 pm

Saturday January 31st 2009
Aspire Midland Alliance
Alvechurch 3 v 0 Coleshill Town
Scorers: Phil Green pen, Josh McKenzie 2.

Team: Craig Johnson, Richard Munday, Dave Davies, Lee Hunt, Tom Starkey, Jae Martin (Damien Charie), Josh McPherson (Simon Volante), Lee Bloxham (Stuart Hendrie), Matty Robinson, Ben Porter, Lee Darlison. Subs not used Ant Hall, Neil Kitching.

SUNDAY MERCURY WROTE
Alvechurch climbed into the top four thanks to a convincing 3-0 win at home to Coleshill Town. Phil Green struck an 18th minute penalty before Josh McKenzie scored in each half to make sure of the home win. The closest Coleshill came to troubling the Church keeper was a late Tom Starkey header which cleared the cross bar.

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Coleshill Are Left Frustrated
Coleshill Town boss Neil Kitching was left frustrated by his side's 3-0 defeat at Alvechurch last Saturday. "I'm hoping it was a minor blip and it isn't something that we need to address," he said. "I cannot fault the lads for the effort they put in on Saturday, it's just that the quality wasn't there. We lacked something both with and without the ball. The important thing for the lads to realise is that there is still alot to play for this season. We are tenth in the Alliance but that doesn't mean we should sit comfortably. I have told them I want to be in the top eight, maybe even top six, at the end of the season. That is what we all should be striving for." The 3-0 defeat against Alvechurch on Saturday came courtesy of Phil Green's 18th minute penalty plus a brace from Josh McKenzie.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2008-2009”