Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town 6 v 0 Cradley Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Saturday 14th February 2009
Aspire Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 6 v Cradley Town
Scorers: Matty Robinson, Richard Munday, Lee Bloxham, Stuart Hendrie 2, Ben Porter.

SUNDAY MERCURY WROTE
Hendrie Six-Cess For Town
Influential midfielder Stuart Hendrie inspired Coleshill Town as they served up a 6-0 thrashing to visitors Cradley Town. The Warwickshire outfit started their Valentine's Day Massacre with a 7th minute strike by Matty Robinson with Richard Munday and Lee Bloxham netting before half time. Hendrie, who had played a role in two of his side's first half goals, struck twice in eight second half minutes including a glorious free kick that swirled into the top of the net. Ben Porter scored on 80mins before Robinson turned from hero to villian after being sent off.

NON-LEAGUE PAPER WROTE
Coleshill Town eased to a 6-0 victory over Cradley Town with Matty Robinson opening the scoring and then picking up a late red card. Stuart Hendrie was their star turn with a second half double.

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
COLESHILL Town boss Neil Kitching has not finished his transfer dealings this season despite seeing his side hammer Cradley Town 6-0 on Saturday, writes Matt Panter.
Kitching was delighted with his current crop of players as they put their Midland Alliance rivals to the sword last weekend.
But he still intends to bolster his ranks in the next few days having already added Bromsgrove's Tom Brady and Shifnal's Gordon Simms to his squad.
"I want to be able to bring players in from a position of strength," he said.
"If players see that we are a successful team that is winning games it will make them more inclined to join.
"I am looking at three or four players with higher level experience who I think can add to an already excellent squad.
"We are already beginning to build for next season.
"For me, Saturday's win over Cradley showed just how strong we are here.
"We were without Simms (suspension), Damian Charie (work commitments) and James Dance (illness) yet still emerged as 6-0 winners.
"Personally I think we have a squad that would be good enough to compete at Southern Midlands level.
"We want to add to it and become a real force."
Coleshill now face a tough week with trips to Rocester on Saturday and Tipton on Wednesday night.
"Hopefully we have turned the corner in terms of consistency now," said Kitching, reflecting on his side's 6-0 mauling of Cradley.
"We have been great one week but poor the next so I'm hoping the Cradley result will help us push forward now.
"The fresh faces will help and give everyone a lift and determination to hold their places so we will see how we go."
The club are awaiting the referee's report from Saturday's clash with Cradley before deciding whether to appeal top scorer Matty Robinson's red card last weekend

Team; Craig Johnson, Tom Brady, Richard Munday, Dave Davies, Lee Darlison (Lee Hunt), Tom Starkey (Lee Bloxham), Simon Volante (Jamie Silver), Jae Martin, Stuart Hendrie, Matty Robinson, Ben Porter. Subs not used Neil Kitching, Nathan Pulisciano.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2008-2009”