Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town 3 v 2 Biddulph Victoria

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:15 am

Saturday 7th August 2010
Baker Joiner Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 3 v 2 Biddulph Victoria
Scorers:
Coleshill: Steve Hakner 30, Matty Robinson 60, Liam Givans 90.
Biddulph: Danny Smith 44, Paul Bowyer 68.

Matty Robinson keeps up his record of scoring every time he plays against Biddulph.

Team: Craig Johnson, Leyiso Recci, Steven Hakner, Jason Lanns, Warren Miller (Barry Fitzharris), Luke Edwards, Liam Givans, Jon Powis, Dean Baker, Matty Robinson, Daniel Carter (Chris Gumery). Sub not used Craig Thomas.

THE SUNDAY MERCURY WROTE

"Coleshill Town beat Biddulph 3-2".

That's it! Not even scorers! Pathetic! Why is no-one from the club contacting the Mercury. I know from experience that they are only too willing to print your reports as long as someone bothers to contact them.

THE COLESHILL HERALD WROTE

Town boss Adams demands more despite opening-day win

COLESHILL got their season off to a winning start – but it wasn't enough for manager Carl Adams.

Goals from Steve Harkner, Matty Robinson and Liam Givens sealed a 3-2 win for Coleshill.

But Adams said: "We got the win which I'm delighted about but the performance wasn't of the standard we have produced in pre-season.

"We were quite poor to tell you the truth, but it's a good sign that we can play like that and win.

"I have set high standards probably because of the way we have played throughout pre-season.

"We have had some great results and performances, beating the likes of Solihull and Sutton Coldfield Town.

"Saturday wasn't a patch on those games and we will probably play 100 times better this season and lose.

"But a win's a win at the end of the day."

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2010-2011”