Studley 3 v 1 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2010-2011

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Studley 3 v 1 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Saturday 6th November 2010
Baker Joiner Midland Alliance
Studley 3 v 1 Coleshill Town
Studley: Dowsett 5, Adams 59, Edwards 85.
Coleshill: Matty Robinson 7.


A Coleshill Town team seriously lacking league form coming into the half way stage of the season sunk to yet another defeat, this time at the hands of Studley. Though Coleshill could respond to the hosts taking an early lead, there would be no further positives to be taken from a game in which two second half goals sealed the three points for a Studley team dipping in and out of form.
Desperately short of numbers, Coleshill’s threadbare squad included a third choice goalkeeper, as Mark Hadden was drafted in from Dosthill Colts. The ‘keeper’s first action was to pick the ball out of his net, as Paul Dowsett slotted in a simplistic opener inside of 5 minutes, the visitors on the back foot from the off. Matty Robinson ensured that the lead would last no longer than a couple of minutes, equalising with a fine finish across goal following an incisive pass from Liam Givans on the edge of the penalty area.
Studley’s response was strong though, and Hadden did well to block Lei Brown’s effort, with the follow up from Dowsett seeing a similar fate. Leon Blake couldn’t work the goalkeeper though, a long range effort marginally wide of the target.
From there, it was a half in which maintained threat from Coleshill frustrated the Studley team, who were lucky to be level at the break. Danny Carter couldn’t have came any closer with his effort after finding his way past the back line, the inside of the foot of the post denying the frontman. Smooth build up play from Coleshill resulted in a chance on the half volley falling to Robinson, the prolific scorer unfortunate to watch the ball fly inches past the upright. Carter almost set up another opportunity for Robinson, his low cross into the box stifled by Matt Harris who was alert to grasp the ball before Robinson was able to poach home.
Towards the end of the half though, it was Coleshill’s poor distribution from the defence which threatened to undo them, and this would carry on into the second half. Studley penned their opponents in, and when Jason Lanns brought down Jamie Bailey to gift the home side a penalty, it was a cool Joe Adams finish which put his side into a warranted lead. After going a goal down again, Town became lazy, aimless long balls never offering anything in attack. Ashley Robinson was brought on for Danny Carter to increase the size of the frontline, and the substitution almost paid off when the newly introduced player forced a save out of Harris when Cameron headed on Loyiso Recci’s inswinging cross from the left.
The game was ended as a contest with five minutes on the clock, Hadden able to save Jamie Bailey’s shot, but David Edwards reacted first to prod the ball over the line as defeat sapped Coleshill’s morale once again, eight goals conceded in another poor week for the Greens as Carl Adams must find a way to get the team playing as they have the ability to do so.

Team: Mark Hadden, Barry Fitzharris (Leyiso Recci), Jason Lanns, Levi Bailey, Jon Powis (Chris Gumery), Michael William, Liam Givans, Tom Wilmore, Andy Cameron, Matty Robinson, Danny Carter (Ashley Robinson).


Return to “First Team Match Reports 2010-2011”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest