Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Heath Hayes

First Team Match Reports 2010-2011

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Heath Hayes

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:18 am

Tuesday 9th November 2010
Baker Joiner Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Heath Hayes
Coleshill: Liam Givans 41.
Heath Hayes: Dave Waple 35.
Attendance 15.


It was a tale of missed chances as Coleshill Town failed to capitalise on one of their better performances in the last few weeks, Heath Hayes taking a point away from an exciting game in freezing cold conditions. Two goals late in the first half made up the final scoreline in a closely contested fixture in which both teams will have taken regrets back into the dressing room.
Ben Haseley was guilty of missing a great chance to put the visitors ahead in the first ten seconds of the game, running through on goal before wastefully skewing wide as Coleshill were almost stunned within the first few kicks of the ball. Following this initial danger, it was the hosts who would take control of the opening half hour, peppering Oliver Crutchley's goal with a number of early efforts. Former Alvechurch midfielder Dan Dineen almost netted, Crutchley equal to the shot after Danny Carter had selflessly squared the ball. Liam Givans would be the next to provide a chance, playing the ball across the box for Chris Gumery, but the centre forward miscued horribly, sending the ball inexplicably wide.
His strike partner Carter had a shot from close range tipped brilliantly over the bar, before Dineen went one step closer than previously, a guided header from Gumery's cross clipping the outside of the far post. An incredible piece of play then saw Crutchley make a string of heroic saves in the space of five seconds, Givans and Carter among those denied in the scramble. Carter worked the Chasetown loanee once more in the half soon after, lazily sweeping the ball into his waiting gloves after Gumery had completed a wonderful run to slide the ball across to Carter.
Having wasted a plethora of chances, the ultimate price was paid by the Greens, as Heath Hayes took the lead on 35 minutes, David Waple heading into the roof of Coleshill's net to grab an eighth league goal of the season from Joseph McNulty's free kick. It was harsh on Coleshill, though a quick response was in store, harking back to Saturday's game at Studley. Danny Carter, having endured another frustrating half of football, crossed into the area from the right, Liam Givans lurking at the near post to coax the ball into the net from close range, levelling the scores.
The pattern of play extended into the second half, Coleshill hunting for a second goal to take maximum points. Carter struck a free kick from 20 yards, Crutchley once again coming to the rescue to tip wide of the target. Jon Powis was next to work the 'keeper, an innovative shot from the right flank lobbed towards goal, the ball picked out of the air as another chance was frittered. There was almost another cruel twist of fate for the hosts, as a Heath Hayes corner troubled the defence, the ball falling kindly to Haseley ten yards out, the shot blasted high and wide to the relief of Hadden between the sticks.
The final say would be had by Town though, as an inviting Jon Powis centre fizzed across the area, Wilmore failing to make a connection as the final opportunity fell through the grasp of Carl Adams' young side, a solitary point being a small consolation in a fixture in which four or five big chances were spurned, though the problem of getting the team playing attractive football seems to be temporarily fixed.

Team: Mark Hadden, Jon Powis, Leyiso Recci, Jason Lanns, Steve Hakner, Andy Cameron, Liam Givans (Ashley Robinson), Daniel Dineen (Richard Allen), Tom Wilmore, Chris Gumery (Scott Smith), Danny Carter.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2010-2011”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest