Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Boldmere St Michaels FA Cup Replay.

First Team Match Reports 2011-2012

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Boldmere St Michaels FA Cup Replay.

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Tuesday 6th September 2011
F.A Cup Prelimary Round Replay
Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Boldmere St Michaels
Scorer: Jason Lanns O.G. 41.
Attendance: 52.

Team: Paul Hathaway, Barry Fitzharris, Sam Wilson, Jason Lanns, Loyiso Recci, Chris Lloyd (Simon Volante), Ben Porter, Liam Givans, Danny Carter, Tez Carpenter, Tyrone Amory. Subs not used Greg Dickie, Carl Adams.

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Coleshill's FA Cup dream came to an end as they slumped to a 1-0 replay defeat at home to Boldmere on Tuesday night. Coleshill started very well and soon put Boldmere under immence pressure. They had a couple of half chances to take the lead with Tez Carpenter and Danny Carter going close. Boldmere then took the lead when a free kick was swung across the defence and caught Jason Lanns before deflecting past Paul Hathaway into the net. The two sides cancelled each other out after the break and the only chance fell to Tyrone Amory whose shot was well saved at the near post.

Coleshill target FA Vase run
COLESHILL Town FC face a trip to Pelsall Villa in the FA Vase on Saturday.

The Colemen go into the game on the back of an FA Cup exit at the hands of Boldmere St Michaels on Tuesday night.

A Jason Lanns own goal sealed their fate in the replay after they had held Boldmere to a 2-2 draw at Church Road last Friday night.

Coleshill chairman Paul Billing said: "We see Pelsall as a vitally important game after being knocked out of the FA Cup the other night. That was disappointing from a financial point of view but we have a chance of a realistic run in the FA Vase.

"I don't expect it to be easy at Pelsall this weekend but I think we are optimistic we can come away with the result we need.

"Personally, I don't think we have actually hit top gear in terms of performances yet.

"There's still another level I feel we are capable of reaching but we are getting results at the moment.

"We will be looking to get the win at Pelsall."

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2011-2012”