Site Admin

Pelsall Villa 3 v 2 Coleshill Town FA Vase

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Saturday 10th September
FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round
Pelsall Villa 3 v 2 Coleshill Town
Scoeres:
Pelsall: D. Battison 10, 57.
Coleshill: Ty Amory 41, Danny Carter 43.
Attendance: 27.

Team: Paul Hathaway, Barry Fitzharris, Jason Lanns, Loyiso Recci, Sam Wilson, Ben Porter, Liam Givans, Chris Lloyd, Danny Carter, Tez Carpenter, Ty Amory. Subs Any Milan, Oliver Spencer, Simon Volante.

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Coleshill display is "just embarrassing"
Coleshill boss Carl Adams said his side's performance on the 3-2 defeat to Pelsall on Saturday was "an embarrassment". Coleshill found themselves 2-0 down after 20 minutes following goals from Dan Battison and Jason Holmes. They responded before half time with goals from Tyrone Amory and Danny Carter but Battison won the clash for Pelsall in the second half. "We were an embarrassment, it was shambolic," said Adams. "In fact, I would go as far to say it was the worst performance in my spells at the club. I'm dissappointed because it relects badly on me. We could have lost by five or six. It was a disgrace. I think the players just turned up and thought they had won it. We got bullied out of the game, it's as simple as that. Full credit to Pelsall because their desire and commitment were stronger than ours. It's disappointing because we are now out of the FA Cup and the Vase. The players need to realise how important these kind of games are to a club like ours. The finance that a run in these competitions brings is huge for Coleshill Town...massive. Cup runs are such a key part of things for teams like us and unfortunately we are out of the competition for another year."

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2011-2012”