Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Causeway United

First Team Match Reports 2011-2012

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Causeway United

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:45 am

Saturday 24th September 2011
Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Causeway United
Scorer: Sam Beaseley 39.
Attendance: 39.

Team: (Not Confirmed) Paul Hathaway, Guy Clarke, Craig Gasiewski, Jason Lanns, Loyiso Recci, Ben Porter, Tom Wilmore, Barry Fitzharris, Sam Wilson, Danny Carter, Jason Ramsey. Subs Andy Milan, Remi Williams, Tez Carpenter, Chris Lloyd.

Keeper Paul Hathaway saved yet another penalty, the third one this season, but unfortunatley the rebound fell straight back to the taker for the only goal of the game.

Causeway United celebrated a narrow 1-0 away win, Sam Beaseley scoring the winner at Coleshill Town. The visitors were awarded a penalty on the half hour and although Beaseley's kick was saved, he tucked home the rebound.

We were mugged, says Adams as solitary goal sinks Colemen
COLESHILL were edged out of a tight game after conceding a controversial penalty.

The match was a low-key affair with both teams canceling each other out.

The only goal came on 39 minutes when Jason Lanns was adjudged to have fouled in the penalty area.

The spot-kick from Sam Beasley was saved by Paul Hathaway but the striker was the only one who reacted and was able to force the ball home at the second attempt.

Coleshill rallied through Danny Carter but neither side carried any real goal threat as the game fizzled out.

Coleshill boss Carl Adams said: "It was a disappointing day for us.

"Causeway came to our place looking for a draw but ended up going away with the win, so they'll be delighted.

"Except for the penalty that they converted, and I don't think that was a spot-kick, I don't remember them having a shot.

"We were pretty much camped in their half for most of the game but we were just powder-puff in attack.

"We huffed and puffed but didn't really look like scoring ourselves.

"It was a smash-and-grab raid from them and that's frustrating.

"But we must not lose sight of the fact we are only three points off top spot.

"It's not all doom and gloom. You are always going to have one or two little setbacks.

"But we are doing okay and I am confident that we will bounce back from this result."

Coleshill entertain Heath Hayes on Saturday (kick off 3pm) before hosting Atherstone Town on Tuesday night in the Polymac Services League Cup.

Taken From Causeway Web Site ... _id=392732

Coleshill Town 0 Causeway United 1
Beasley's on target as United go forth!

A first half goal from club captain Sam Beasley ensured that Causeway maintained their unbeaten league record and their continual climb up the league.

But the game wasn’t an easy affair, both teams battled hard to break the deadlock with end to end football. Although to be fair Danny Carter wasted a perfect opportunity to open the scoring for the home side on 18 minute when he hooked the ball wide from close range with time on his hands.

The visitors failed to beat the offside trap on a number of occasions, with their only real goal scoring opportunity coming just before the half hour when a through ball from Dan Priest found Craig Gregg who from six yards blasted over with just Paul Hathaway to beat.

Lady luck then smiled on United when referee Dadley awarded them a penalty on 39 minutes when Danny Priest was judged to have been fouled by a Coleshill defender. It caught everyone in attendance by surprise.

Beasley stepped up for the spot kick only to witness Hathaway deny but parry the shot. Beasley responded the quickest to fire the ball home much to the delight of the Causeway away support.

Almost immediately, Coleshill responded with Tom Wilmore producing a lightening strike which was turned over the bar by keeper Andy Taylor who impressed many on his debut on Saturday.

Two minutes from the break, United were again on the back foot and conceded a free kick from 12 yards out which had been awarded for obstruction. Quickly taken, it was driven into a packed Causeway goalmouth and was cleared only as far as Barry Fitzharris whose strike was denied by the post and from that United drew breath.

For 80% of the second half, United were on the back foot in what was a very tense affair as the home side pushed for an equaliser.

On 67 minutes, Danny Carter was again denied this time by Taylor in full flight to tip round the post, while minutes later a Jason Ramsley header went wide.

The united defence who were solid at the back held out to ensure more away day celebrations continued.

Last seasons leading goalscorer Aaron Lloyd made a welcome return to the club replacing Danny Priest on 58 minutes while Scott Devlin and Danny Jones both enjoyed a good work out replacing Craig Greg and Andy Wells late in the game

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2011-2012”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest