Coleshill Town 3 v 1 Atherstone Town League Cup.

First Team Match Reports 2011-2012

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town 3 v 1 Atherstone Town League Cup.

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Tuesday 4th October 2011
Midland Alliance League Cup Rnd 1.
Coleshill Town 3 v 1 Atherstone Town
Scorers:
Coleshill: Jason Ramsey 5, Chris Lloyd 46, Remi Williams 78.
Atherstone: Tom Weale 29.
Attendance: 82.

Team: Paul Hathaway, Loyiso Recci, Guy Clarke, Jason Lanns, Sam Wilson, Ben Porter, Barry Fitzharris, Chris Lloyd, Danny Carter, Jason Ramsey. Subs Neil Kitching, Andy Milan, Remi Williams, Terry Carpenter. (Neil Kitching and Remi Williams were definitely used subs.)

The win was marred by the suspected broken leg suffered by Coleshill's Neil Kitching who had just returned to the side after three games with the reserves after recovering from another injury.

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Coleshill react to blast from boss to send rivals packing
Coleshill Town came out on top in their League Cup clash with North Warwickshire rivals Atherstone Town on Tuesday night. Jason Ramsey gave the hosts the lead on five minutes but the Adders levelled on 29minutes through Tom Weale. That left the game finely balanced and Atherstone dominated the latter stages of the first half. They could have been given a penalty when Dale Farley and Paul Hathaway clashed but the decision went against Atherstone. It was the home side who responded after the break. Chris Lloyd's fine strike gave them the advantage on 46 minutes before Remi Williams sealed the game with 12 minutes to go. Atherstone showed great resilience and their work ethic was exemplary but Coleshill's finishing was key. Coleshill boss Carl Adams said "I thought we were really poor in the first half. Atherstone have a lot of ex-Dosthill lads in their squad and they were certainly out to put one over us. They raised their game and we didn't. I gave the lads a bit of a rocket at half time and I was pleased with the response that we got from them. But all in all, we are not performing to the best of our ability at this moment in time." Adders boss Mark Grainger was happy with his side's performance, if not the result, on the back of a poor showing against Alvechurch. "It was much better and I could not fault the effort of my players. I felt that we dominated the game - the first half especially. We got ourselves level after going behind and I felt we could have had a couple more, as well as at least one penalty, maybe two. We wanted to push on at the start of the second half but immediately fell behind to a great strike and couldn't get back into it. I felt 3-1 flattered them, to be honest, but fair play to Coleshill because they took their chances."

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2011-2012”