Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Kirby Muxloe League Cup

First Team Match Reports 2011-2012

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2201
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Kirby Muxloe League Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Tuesday 1st November 2011
Midland Alliance Polymac Services League Cup Round 2
Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Kirby Muxloe
Scorer: Stuart Verrall 25 pen.
Attendance: 26.

Team: Paul Hathaway, Guy Clarke, Steve Hakner, Carl Adams (Craig Gasiewski), Sam Wilson, Ben Porter, Barry Fitzharris, Chris Lloyd, Jason Ramsey, Danny Carter (Terry Carpenter), Nathan McBean(Remi Williams).

Coleshill slipped out of the League Cup on Tuesday night. It was a story of missed opportunities for Coleshill. The best chance fell to Chris Lloyd who failed to trouble the keeper after latching onto a brilliant ball from Guy Clarke. Ben porter then gave away a penalty which was scored by Stuart Verrall. The visitors won a second spot-kick but Verrall missed. Coleshill bombarded the Kirby goal but failed to make the breakthrough.

A Report From Kirby Muxloe Web Site
Match Report
By Phil Moloney | Thursday 3rd November 2011
League Cup Coleshill Town v Kirby Muxloe

Tuesday evening saw us at Coleshill Town in the league cup, after the very disappointing result at Heather on Saturday we were looking to improve. This was the 3rd time we had played Coleshill this season, an away draw and a home win were the outcome of the other 2 meeting’s in the league. There had been a little rain so the pitch was nice and slick. The game started at quite a rate with both sides attacking at every opportunity. Kirby like in the 2 previous meetings started to gain a slight advantage. After a nice move in the 13th minute Sam Taylor got clear and fired in a shot which was very well saved by the home keeper. Kirby continued attacking and got their reward in the 25th minute when Tom Hill was brought down for a penalty. Stu Verrall took the kick and scored 0-1 Kirby. Kirby continued to press until half time but could not increase the lead. Half time: Coleshill 0 Kirby 1.
The second half was contested more evenly with a few half chances coming at each end, but neither goal keeper being really tested at all. The best chance of the half to now fell to Coleshill when they got round the back of the Kirby defense and instead of passing across the goal the wide man decided to shoot and the chance was lost. This looked to have been very costly when a few minutes later Tom Hill was again brought down in the penalty area. Stu Verrall once more stepped up but this time put the kick just wide. This would have been game over with only 7 minutes left, but it inspired Coleshill and the attacked looking for a way back into the game. Kirby defended very well and held out till the final whistle.
Full time: Coleshill 0 Kirby 1.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2011-2012”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest