Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Saturday 12th November 2011
Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 3 v 2 Loughborough University
Scorers:
Coleshill: Danny Carter 6, 18. OG 79.
Uni: Charles Turnbull 44. OG 58.
Attendance:26.

Team: Paul Hathaway, Barry Fitzharris, Gary Gaisiewski, Loyiso Recci, Guy Clarke, Ben Porter, Chris Lloyd, Steve Hakner (Carl Adams), Jason Ramsey (Nathan McBean), Danny Carter, Sam Wilson (Remi Williams).

After going 320 minutes without scoring a goal, two came along in less than 20 minutes for Coleshill and of course it was Danny Carter who finally broke the deadlock with his ninth and tenth of the season.

SUNDAY MERCURY WROTE
Danny Carter scored twice in Coleshill Town's 3-2 victory over Loughborough University. (That's it!)

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Carter Finds His Touch To Inspire Coleshill
Two goals from Danny Carter inspired Coleshill to victory in a thrilling clash with Loughborough last saturday. It was a game of two halves as Coleshill dominated the first period, Carter firing them into a 2-0 lead. But the hosts were stunned on the stroke of half time as Loughborough pulled a goal back against the run of play. It left the visitors jubilant and they took control of proceedings after the break, levelling things up at 2-2. Coleshill however, turned things around in the last ten minutes and picked up a valuable victory courtesy of an own goal. "It was a win we needed," said manager Carl Adams, "I am always honest and truthful and some of our performances of late haven't been good enough. But I did say that I felt in the last two or three games we have played better without getting the results we probably deserved. Saturday carried on that improved form and hopefully we can kick on."

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2011-2012”