AFC Wulfrunians 3 v 2 Coleshill Town - FA Cup Replay

First Team Match Reports 2012-2013

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2435
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

AFC Wulfrunians 3 v 2 Coleshill Town - FA Cup Replay

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Tuesday 14th August 2012
FA Cup Extra Preliminery Round
AFC Wulfrunians 3 v 2 Coleshill Town AET
Wulfs: Ross Brown 58, Nathan Roselang 90, David Ashbury 117.
Colemen: Danny Carter 47, 75.

Team: Simon Hands, Mathew Crawford, Sam Wilson, Barry Fitzharris, Liam Mansell, James Mutton, Sean Robinson, Phil Gayle, Junior Brown, Danny Carter, Cameron Lee. Subs Jack Moss, Steve Hakner, Chris Charles, Jason Ramsey, Jamie Molineux, Luke Fuller, Craig Gasiewski.

Coleshill exited this seasons FA Cup at the first hurdle when they lost to West Midlands Premier League outfit AFC Wulfrunians last night.

Coleshill led 1-0 and 2-1 but conceded an equaliser in the 94th minute. By the end of play Coleshill were down to nine men and conceded the winner to the Wulfs who now go on to play Kidsgrove in the next round.

Coleshill cup hopes ended after replay
COLESHILL crashed out of the FA Cup after losing a thrilling replay in extra time.

The first half was a goalless affair but things livened up after the break.

Coleshill took the lead on 47 minutes when Danny Carter got above the defender to head home.

However, the joy was short-lived as AFC equalised almost immediately from a corner.

Coleshill were the more dominant force and Carter broke free before shooting home to restore the advantage.

Coleshill appeared to have won the game as it went deep into injury time.

However, completely against the run of play, the home side levelled on 94 minutes as a whipped cross from the left was tapped home from close range.

Extra time saw a far more open affair with tired legs on both sides creating errors.

The game looked to be heading to penalties before the Wulfs snatched it late on.

Report From AFC Wulfrunians Web Site ... ll-town-2/
AFC Wulfrunians progressed to the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup after a thrilling 3-2 extra time victory over Midland Alliance side Coleshill Town.

Wulfs twice had to come from behind with Ross Brown and Nathan Rose-Laing netting equalisers, the latter in the 94th minute, before Dave Asbury sealed their passage with a winning goal three minutes before the end of extra time.

Full report shortly.

Wulfs now play host to Kidsgrove Athletic in the next round on Saturday 25th August, 3pm kick off.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2012-2013”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest