Coleshill Town 1 v 5 Tividale

First Team Match Reports 2012-2013

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 5 Tividale

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:41 am

Saturday 15th September
Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 1 v 5 Tividale
Colemen: Jason Ramsey 35.
Tividale: Avun Jephcott 2, Brett Clark 19, Kyle Brady 60, Ashley Edwards 86, Kyle Brady 90.
Attendance: 34.

Team: Sheridan Martinez, Keenan Rosser, Dominic Reece, Cameron Lee, Joe Lyng, Mathew O'Bierne (Barry Fitzharris), Martin Crawford, Phil Gayle, Jason Ramsey, Tobias Salmon (Chris Lloyd), Courtney Shaw (Luke Fuller). Subs not used Danny Carter, Craig Gasiewski.

Report by Craig Hamilton
Coleshill Town returned to League action at home to Tividale after being knocked out of both the FA Cup and FA Vase in the 1st round of each competition. Manager Jason Lanns was looking for an improvement in performance and luck as he struggles to get a settled side in his first year as manager.

This game did not start well for Coleshill and after only 4 minutes they found themselves a goal down following their own corner. Tividale cleared the ball down Coleshill's right wing and forced a corner themselves. Tividale scored through Avun Jephcott with an unmarked header from just inside the six yard box.
Coleshill were finding it hard to get into the game but they did have one chance after 10mins when a left wing cross was met by Jason Ramsey but his header from 12 yards was saved by the visiting keeper. However this was the first of only three attempts on goal for Coleshill.
After 16mins left back Dominic Reece conceded a free kick 25 yards out but the cross was well defended and the ball cleared to safety.
Tividale were dominating the play and it didn't help when Coleshill gave the ball away in centre midfield and a neat ball through the centre of defence was met by Brett Clarke who ran on unchallenged and beat the Coleshill keeper from 10 yards to increase the lead on 21 minutes.
Yet another attack from Tividale saw a left wing cross find a midfield player run unmarked onto the back post but his volley hit the post. This prompted action from the Coleshill bench and after only 31 mins Barry Fitzharris replaced the out of sorts O'Beirne.
This seemed to give Coleshill some urgency and on 35mins they forced a corner which was hit low to the front post but the ball bounced up and hit a defender on the arm and the referee gave a penalty. Jason Ramsey sent the keeper the wrong way for a cool finish to make the score 2-1. Coleshill then started to get into the game a bit more and another hand ball was given 20 yards out when Ramsy tried to flick the ball past a defender on 43mins. Dominic Reece took the kick and was unlucky to see his left foot curling shot just go over the crossbar.

Coleshill kicked off the second half but the ball went straight to the Tividale keeper, however they had the better of the opening five minutes but could not make this count with some poor final balls into the opposition box.
Martinez in the Coleshill goal then had to be alert to tip a shot over the bar after 52mins.
After 57mins Tividale won a free kick on the halfway line which was sent to the far post and headed back to the edge of the penalty area resulting in a shot that was well blocked but the referee gave handball. Coleshill defended the resulting free kick well with another block. Tividale restored their two gaol lead on 61mins when Kyle Brady flicked on a corner with his head at the near post and into the top corner. Substitute Chris Lloyd set up Jason Ramsey for a shot from 18 yards but the effort was held by the keeper. On 73mins a controversial incident occured when centre half and captain Joe Lyng was sent off for an alleged elbow in an aerial challenge with Brett Clark. The Tividale player was in obvious pain and I only hope his injuries aren't as bad as they looked and wish him a speedy recovery.
Coleshill then had their only other attempt at goal after 80mins when the ball was sent up to Ramsey who layed it back to Lloyd who hit a sweet volley from 20 yards but the effort was well saved by the keeper. With 11 men Coleshill had found it difficult so with 10 men and legs starting to get tied it was even harder and Tividale made this count in the last 5mins. An attack down their left wing saw Tividale have another cahnce on 87mins as the cross found the centre forward but his low hard drive was brilliantly saved by Martinez down to his left, but Ashley Edwards was quickest to react and he drove the ball into the net from just inside the six yard box, 4-1.
Then in the last minute Kyle Brady, with two players to beat in the penalty area, was pulled back by Dominic Reece and the referee had no option but to award a penalty which Brady dispatched into the net, 5-1.

No home comfort as Coleshill slump
COLESHILL Town's poor form continued as they were thumped at home by Tividale.

Jason Lann's men started the game poorly and found themselves behind as Avun Jephcott rose highest and headed home James Cooper's corner.

Tividale keeper Tim Beech then got down to save Jason Ramsey's header but it soon became 2-0 as visiting skipper Richard Taylor laid the ball through to onrushing Brett Clark and he side footed his volley home.

Coleshill then rallied and made it 2-1 before half time as striker Ramsey converted a penalty.

The second half was a total disaster from a Coleshill point of views as they conceded three more times.

Kyle Brady netted twice while full back Ashley Edwards was also on target to slot home after Adam Hill's long range effort was turned onto the post by Sheridan Martinez.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2012-2013”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest