Alvechurch 4 v 1 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2012-2013

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Alvechurch 4 v 1 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Saturday 29th September 2012
Midland Alliance
Alvechurch 4 v 1 Coleshill Town
Church: Omari Sterling-Janes, Ryan Edmunds, Tristian Dunkley, Adam Humphries.
Colemen: Danny Carter.
Attendance: 68.

Team: R. Conlon, Chris Charles, Dominic Reece, Barry Fitzharris, Simon Bradbury, Greg Dickie, Chris Lloyd, Phil Gayle, Jason Ramsey (Tobias Salmon), Danny Carter (James Travis), Sam Wilson. Subs not used Craig Gasiewski, Cameron Lee, Ben Usher.

Alvechurch were 4-1 winners but it was the visitors Coleshill Town who struck first at Lye Meadow. Danny Carter forced the ball home but Church hit back through Omari Sterling-Jones, Ryan Edmunds, Tristian Dunkley and Adam Humphries.

Performances don't bring a decent reward for Coleshill
COLESHILL slipped to a harsh defeat at the hands of Alvechurch.

Despite the one-sided result, Coleshill played some fantastic football and created a host of early chances.

The Church defence looked disorganised and unable to cope with a fluid visiting attack in the opening ten minutes.

An offside flag rescued the home side in the first minute. Danny Carter went close and Ramsey's follow up effort was ruled out for off-side.

Coleshill deservedly took the lead soon after as Carter ghosted pasta defender before flicking the ball past the keeper.

Sam Wilson then struck the post as Coleshill looked to maintain the initiative.

However, from being in total control, the visitors gifted their rivals a way back into the match.

A through ball was missed and Joe Wright found himself with space to touch the ball back for Omari Sterling-James to strike into an empty net from 18 yards, courtesy of the far post of the Coleshill goal.

If the first goal was one that Coleshill felt they could have avoided, there was little argument about the second on 37 minutes as Ryan Edmunds rifled an unstoppable 30 yard free kick into the top left hand corner.

It became 3-1 before half time as Tristian Dunkley pounced on a mistake and slotted home from six yards.

The home side killed the game off after the break.

The only goal came in the 75th minute as substitute Jazz Luckie shielded the ball and laid it back for Dunkley.

His strike across the box was met by Adam Humphries' head and he gleefully steered the ball home.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2012-2013”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests