Coleshill Town 6 v 1 Heather St Johns

First Team Match Reports 2013-2014

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 6 v 1 Heather St Johns

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Saturday 27th October 2013
Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 6 v 1 Heather St Johns
Town: Matt Brown 2, Dean Rathbone 2, Chris Gumery, Danny Tymon.
Saints: Jacob Wright.
Attendance: 61.

Team: Paul Hathaway, Leon Weller, Ashley Bradshaw, Jack Hullin, Luke Edwards, Declan Kirby (Daniel Holgate), Matt Brown, Barry Fitzharris, Chris Gumery (Chris Lloyd), Dean Rathbone (Oliver Casey), Danny Tymon. Unused subs Danny Douglas, Ryan Nash.

Matt Brown and Dean Rathbone scored two goals apiece as Coleshill Town cruised to a 6-1 victory over Heather St John's. Danny Tymon and Chris Gumery also on target.

Manager Paul Casey is building a strong side but more importantly a strong squad. He has virtually two quality players for each position. Nicky Ellis and Jake Murrall were both missing for this game but Dean Rathbone and Danny Tymon came in. Casey also decided to start with Jack Hullin and Danny Douglas dropped to the bench. New signing Daniel Holgate was also on the bench but Craig Reid didn't even make the 16 but was stripped and warmed up with the rest of the squad, as Ashley Bradshaw took the left back spot.
It was important to get off to a good start and not go two goals down as was the case for the last two games. Coleshill started confidently but then again so did Heather and for the first twenty minutes there was little between the sides but once Town took the lead their confidence grew and there was only one outcome, a home win. Declan Kirby found himself wide on the left but his right foot cross was met by Chris Gumery who headed goalward. The visitors keeper parried the effort against the post but when the ball came back out Matt Brown was on hand to tap home. Heather St Johns then had their best spell of the game and pushed Coleshill deeper and deeper but the home defence held firm and when Town broke they always looked capable of scoring. Luke Edwards, who was a rock all afternoon, broke up a Johns attack and quickly fed Danny Tymon who in turn knocked a quick ball up to Chris Gumery. Gumery held the ball up well and had a choice of several runners but it was Dean Rathbone who skipped past a static defence and hit a sweet shot into the corner of the net. Two minutes later it was three when a Leon Weller cross found Matt Brown in oceans of space and he made no mistake for his sixth goal in just four games. Only half an hour played! Heather's best player was Jacob Wright and he got to the bye line twice, once denied by a good Ashley Bradshaw tackle and getting a corner and then forcing Paul Hathaway into making his first save of the afternoon. On 35 minutes Coleshill made it four as easy as you like as Brown crossed to the far post and Gumery headed home.
Fair play to Heather, they never gave up, but they were playing a side on the up and Coleshill played some impressive football. Early in the second half the wind picked and rain fell heavily and Heather coped better with the conditions. Jacob Wright scored a solo goal as he side stepped the defence before hitting a shot into the corner that Hathaway just couldn't get too. Wright then went for goal from a free kick but the effort was deflected for a corner. James Slack then took on Jack Hullin and as he reached the box he went to ground, penalty! Slack took the kick but as he is likely to do, Paul Hathaway saved the spot kick! Wobble over, Coleshill took control again with some spectacular goals. On the hour mark Barry Fitzharris nodded the ball down to Danny Tymon who chested the ball into his path and shot from 20 yards hitting the back of the net leaving the keeper with no chance. Gumery so nearly ran down a back pass and a good run by Rathbone found Brown who lobbed the keeper but the ball went over the bar as well. On 70 minutes a poor clearance fell to Rathbone and from fully 30 yards he hit an unstoppable shot into the top of the net. 6-1! And 20 minutes to go! Heather still kept going, Luke Edwards did well to clear a dangerous free kick and James Slack made a good run into the box but hit the side netting but Coleshill could have increased the scoreline as Chris Lloyd had an effort saved and Brown's powerful shot went just wide.
Some big games coming up, Boldmere in the league cup, Tamworth in the Senior cup, Long Eaton in the Vase and Walsall Wood and Causeway in the league, but this squad is up for the challenge! Good times at Pack Meadow at the moment!

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2013-2014”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest