Coleshill Town 3 v 0 Quorn

First Team Match Reports 2013-2014

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 3 v 0 Quorn

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:54 am

Saturday 1st March 2014
Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 3 v 0 Quorn
Scorers: Matt Brown, Chris Lloyd, Danny Tymon.
Attendance: 105.

Town: Paul Hathaway, Leon Weller, Will Worthington, Luke Edwards, Jack Hullin, Nick Ellis (Barry Fitzharris), Chris Lloyd, Declan Kirby, Chris Gumery (Danny Tymon), Matt Brown, Ryan Nash. Subs not used Oliver Casey, Dean Rathbone, Connor Leek.

Quorn: Richard Stainsby, Blaize Kerr, Sam Young, Tom Cooper, Carl Sibson, Niall Prendaville, Sam Buckingham, Dan Henton, Liam Read, Liam Turner, Oliver Brown- Hill. Subs Dom Brennan, Karl Munton, Jordan Wakeling, Karl Whymark.

Coleshill Town were amongst the goals as they beat league leaders Quorn 3-0. Striker Matt Brown handed them an interval lead and they doubled their tally on the hour thanks to a Chris Lloyd effort. Quorn's hopes of salvaging anything from the game ended four minutes from the end when Dan Tymon completed the scoring.

After a five week enforced absence from any football, Coleshill have now gained six points in a week, scored seven and conceded none and have closed the gap on the top six! This was a fine and in the end emphatic win over the current league leaders.

On a lovely day for football and in front of a healthy crowd Quorn started the better of the two sides and showed why they are top of the tree. They played some neat, fast flowing football with centre forward Liam Read impressing the most. Coleshill's defensive record is the second best in the division and in the opening twenty minutes they had to be at their best. The post came to their rescue when Dan Henton hit the woodwork with a free kick from 25 yards. Coleshill took the lead against the run of play on 26 minutes. Matt Brown chased a long ball and forced the defender into a mistake as he headed back to the keeper who had already come out to gather. Tom Cooper had got back to cover but still under pressure from Brown he handled the ball and the referee pointed to the spot. Brown converted his 16th goal of the season. It was a more even game now with chances at both ends. Jack Hullin did brilliant work to deny Read in the box, Ryan Nash had a great chance from a Leon Weller cross and the same player cleared off his own line a Liam Turner header. The best opportunity fell to Chris Lloyd who was left with a one on one from a Brown through ball but the visitors keeper Richard Stainsby stood tall and saved Lloyd's effort.

Quorn started the second half in the ascendancy and were controlling the midfield. Manager Paul Casey changed formation and brought on Barry Fitzharris and Danny Tymon to go 4-5-1, Brown the sole striker! And the plan worked a treat! Coleshill were much stronger and started to take the game to the visitors. Brown had a great chance to double the lead but with an empty net to aim for he sent the ball over the bar. But Coleshill did get a second on 60 minutes when a poor clearance from Stainsby fell to Lloyd who cleverly and casually chipped the keeper and found the net, his 10th for the year. A great run by Read looked to have set up Henton waiting inside the six yard box but Luke Edwards made a timely interception. Quorn were pushing now to get back into the game but Coleshill defended magnificently, reducing the visitors to long range efforts. In the dying minutes, man of the match Ryan Nash sent a great ball for Lloyd who shot early only to see his effort well saved however Danny Tymon was on hand to pick up the loose ball and fire home from just inside the box, 3-0 job done.

15 games to go, confidence at an all time high, Town are on target to finish in their highest league position ever in what has been a memorable season!

Taken from Quorn web site

Quorn welcomed back Sam Young to the side but with Laurie Pearson still sidelined, Richard Stainsby came in for his debut against an in form Coleshill side. Dom Brennan and Karl Whymark were rested, with Sam Buckingham and Olly Brown-Hill making rare starts.

Quorn began quite brightly and had early opportunities to take the lead but it was the home side that went in front courtesy of a soft penalty award, this after Quorn were denied a penalty at the other end and Dan Henton had struck the woodwork with a free kick from outside the box. The Home side seemed to gain in confidence after this and started the 2nd period on top. Just as it looked like Quorn were getting back into the game, a poor defensive clearance set up the home side to double their advantage.

Quorn re-grouped and threw caution to the wind and despite having another clear penalty denied by the Referee, it was the home side that remained calm at the back and with Quorn pushing forward in numbers as time ebbed away, Coleshill exploited the numerical advantage and secured victory with a third goal before the end.

N.B. I can assure you that their match reports are much bigger when they win!

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2013-2014”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest