Hereford 4 v 5 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2015-2016

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Hereford 4 v 5 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Tuesday 25th August 2015
Midland Football League Premier
Hereford 4 v 5 Coleshill Town
Bulls: John Mills, Pablo Haysham, Nathan Hughes, Robert Purdie.
Colemen:Dean Rathbone 3, Giovanni Dainty 2.
Attendance: 2717.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Adam Page (Hereford), Dean Rathbone(Coleshill)

Hereford: Harvey Rivers, Sam Gwynne, Joel Edwards, Dylan Bonella, Tony James, Jimmy Oates, Nathan Hughes, Robert Purdie, John Mills, Pablo Haysham, Adam Page. Subs: Dean Lee, Solomon Wheatley, Aaron Birch, Carlos Moreira.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Robert Evans, Will Worthington, Luke Edwards, Alex Baird, Leon Weller (Ricky Cutting), Giovanni Dainty (Demetrius Smikle), Chris Hughes (Brendan Murphy), Luke Barlone, Tom Weale, Dean Rathbone. Subs not used Simeon Cobourne, Chris Cowley.

This is probably the biggest crowd any Coleshill team has ever played in front of!

Deadly Dean fires Coleshill to sensational Hereford FC win

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey has hailed his heroes after their famous 5-4 victory over Hereford FC on Tuesday evening, writes Scott Smith.

More than 3,000 supporters watched on with interest as the Colemen stunned the non-league giants to record their first win of the Midland Premier campaign.

Coleshill responded well to falling behind in the 12th minute and turned the game on its head within five minutes thanks to a double from Dean Rathbone.

Although the home side levelled after 38 minutes, Gio Dainty restored the visitors lead six minutes into the break before grabbing his second in the 59th minute to make it 4-2.

Back came the hosts though and Nathan Hughes reduced the arrears once again with 11 minutes left only for Rathbone to complete his hat-trick in the 85th minute.

Hereford set up a grandstand finish after scoring a penalty two minutes from time but Coleshill held on.

Rathbone's performance left boss Casey purring. He said: "Two of his goals were poachers' goals and the other one was a great individual effort showing the ability that he has."

Casey added: "There were more than 3,000 there and it was very intense for us. It was an incredible game.

"The fifth goal was as good a goal to win any game but then they get one back in the 88th minute and have missed two sitters in the remaining minutes.

"It would have been a travesty though if we hadn't won if I'm honest as we have had eight or nine great chances."

REPORT: Colemen exploit hapless Hereford
Taken from Hereford FC web site ... erefordfq/
26th August 2015 by Neil Phipps

A disappointing defensive display left Hereford on the wrong end of a nine-goal thriller at Edgar Street on Tuesday night. The bulls defeat was inflicted by a Dean Rathbone hat-trick and a brace from Giovanni Dainty, but the home fans will be more concerned with the statistics of their side’s defence which has now conceded eight goals in the last two games.

Peter Beadle made three changes from Saturday’s starting eleven as Bonnella and Hughes replaced Lee and Wheatley, whilst Oates deputised for the suspended Summers. This meant that Hereford started with three strikers for the first time this season, forming a 4-3-3 formation as Nathan Hughes joined the in-form Pablo Haysham and John Mills up front.

Beadle’s changes looked promising early on as Hereford forced two corners within the first five minutes; Purdie and Gwynne in particular combined effectively with the front three.

Hereford made the breakthrough in the 12th minute of the game as Hughes was released down the right flank. He directed his cross perfectly into the path of John Mills who smashed the ball into the roof of the net for his fifth goal of the season from around eight yards.

However, the evening’s scoring had barely begun and the away side were level within three minutes. Hereford failed to defend a long Thomas Weale throw-in, which was flicked on to the head of Dean Rathbone who leaped to head over Nathan Rivers in to the Hereford net for Coleshill’s equaliser.

Two minutes later, Coleshill scored a second in front of the meadow end as the home side struggled to defend a long through ball. As Rivers charged out of his penalty box, he was only able to direct the ball into the path of Adam Rathbone; colliding with a Coleshill player in the process. This left Rathbone with effectively an open goal 15 yards out, and he was able to slide the ball home with ease. Hereford’s appeals for a foul on Rivers were turned away.

The Colemen’s quick-fire double seemed to shock Hereford into action as they pressed forward for the remaining 25 minutes of the half. Nathan Hughes met a good Joel Edwards cross to head narrowly over, and Adam Page’s constant runs were nearly rewarded as his right footed, fifteen-yard drive, was pushed wide by Hathaway in the Coleshill net. Mills also went close as he re-directed a wayward Pablo Haysham shot, heading wide.

Hereford’s persistence eventually paid off in the 38th minute as Bonnella’s through ball managed to find it’s way through to Haysham following a deflection and he finished clinically from seven yards to bring Hereford deservedly level. A thoroughly entertaining first half ended at 2-2.

Attacking the meadow end, Hereford kicked off the second half in search of the three points and without making any half time changes. Both Rathbone and Haysham shot high and wide at both ends in the first few minutes, showing signs that the second half would be as open as the first.

Sadly for Hereford, it was Coleshill who struck the next blow in the 51st minute. Given the chance to clear within his own penalty area, Oates could only find Giovanni Dainty on the edge of the box, and his volley was low in to Harvey Rivers’ bottom left corner sending the away side into raptures.

Hereford fought back with a Rob Purdie free kick which the keeper comfortably saved, and another Purdie shot was deflected wide for a corner.

However, it was Coleshill who were to strike next as the Hereford defence struggled to defend another direct Coleshill attack. Dainty added his second of the net as he scrambled the ball home from close range in the 59th minute, capitalising once more on Hereford’s inability to clear their lines.

Hereford continued to play their fast, passing football but were unable to significantly threaten again until the 73rd minute when Page’s free kick was deflected behind.

In the 79th minute, Nathan Hughes got his name on the score sheet after Joel Edwards’ powerful drive was palmed into his path. Hughes added his second goal in as many games with a drive in to the corner of the net over Hathaway in the Coleshill net.

Hereford continued to press and Haysham’s long range shot was hit high and wide of the Coleshill goal. Adam Page then span away from the Coleshill defence to create a shooting opportunity, but his shot found it’s way over the Coleshill crossbar.

With their next attack, Coleshill were to inflict further misery on the Bulls and put the game beyond reach. As Rathbone was left one on one with Jimmy Oates, he confidently beat his man before dinking the ball over Harvey Rivers who dived at the striker’s feet to put Coleshill 5-3 in front, completing his hat-trick in the process.

There was still time for yet another goal, as Purdie darted into the Coleshill penalty area before being tripped. Purdie got to his feet to score his second penalty in two games and his third goal of the season, placing the ball in the top left hand corner of the net. Sadly for Hereford, this completed the scoring.

As the referee called time on an extraordinary game, the Hereford players were met with a mixture of reactions from the home support. Although still early days, Hereford will be left in little doubt as to where they need to improve having conceded thirteen goals in just five games, despite having scored the same amount. They have a chance to put things right on bank holiday Monday as they travel the short distance to allpay.park, Westfields.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2015-2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest