Coleshill Town 3 v 3 Newcastle Town - FA Cup

First Team Match Reports 2015-2016

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 3 v 3 Newcastle Town - FA Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Saturday 12th September 2015
Emirates FA Cup 1st Round Qualifying.
Coleshill Town 3 v 3 Newcastle Town
Played at The Lamb, Tamworth FC.
Colemen: Simeon Cobourne 2, Rob Evans.
Newcastle: Omar Houghton, Tim Sanders, Dominic Smith.
Attendance: 82.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Leon Weller, Will Worthington, Luke Edwards, Rob Evans, Dean Rathbone, Reece Leek (Demetrius Smikle), Giovanni Dainty, Luke Barlone, Chris Hughes (Simeon Cobourne), Chris Cowley (Danico Johnson). Subs not used Nathan Lewars, Momodul Jarra, James Williams, Billy Spink.

Newcastle: Danny Read, Paris Bateman, Cohen Bramall, Leon Ashman, Matt Lowe, James Askey, Tom France, Michael Lennon, Jordan Cole, Tim Sanders, Omar Houghton. Subs Dominic Smith, Kyle Stubbs, Oliver Ritchie.

Coleshill Town hit a late equaliser in their 3-3 draw at home to Newcastle Town ensuring the sides will meet again on Tuesday. Omar Houghton put the visitors ahead on six minutes and that was how it stayed until Simeon Cobourne levelled with a fine solo effort on 63 minutes before giving Coleshill the lead seven minutes later. The Evo-Stick League visitors then regained the advantage thanks to goals from Tim Sanders and Dominic Smith only for home skipper Rob Evans to force a replay when he headed in from close range a minute from time.

A Simeon Cobourne double and a late equaliser from Rob Evans helped Coleshill Town draw 3-3 with Newcastle Town.

Last season Coleshill Town were the FA Cup's highest scorers with 16. Rob Evans's last minute header was Town's 16th goal in this years competition and we still live to fight another day!

A classic game of two halves with the visitors having the upper hand in the first half but Coleshill put Newcastle under intense pressure in the second 45 with substitutes Simeon Cobourne and Demetrius Smikle changing the game!

Newcastle started the much better of the two sides with Town being opened up time and again by the wide men. No3 and 11 down the left and 2 and 7 down the right were causing all kinds of problems and it was no surprise when the visitors took the lead with just 6 minutes on the clock when debutant Omar Houghton finished off a fine move thumping the ball into the roof of the net. Coleshill stood off their opponents from one level higher and allowed them to play, making them look a very good side. Houghton and Bramall combined again and Paul Hathaway had to save with his feet. In reply Luke Barlone saw a shot bounced just in front of the keeper who palmed away for a corner. A Rob Evans long throw came out to Chris Cowley but the winger shot over the bar when well placed. Leon Weller made a goal saving tackle as Houghton attempted to increase the lead. Chris Hughes went down in the box put a penalty would have been harsh. Manager Paul Casey had seen enough and decided to change tactics with just four minutes of the half remaining, Simeon Cobourne replacing Hughes.

Coleshill looked a different team in the second half as they took the game to their opponents and Cobourne's pace frightened the Castle defence everytime he got the ball. Cobourne should have opened his account in the opening minutes when Reece Leek sent the striker free but Read made a great stop from Cobourne's rocket shot. Read then tipped a free kick from Chris Cowley over the bar, then Cowley's cross was met by the head of Giovanni Dainty but his effort was well off target from a great position. In a rare break France shot wide but it was all Coleshill and they deservedly took the lead on 63 minutes when a Dainty pass sent Cobourne clear and he shot in off the post for the equaliser. Cole shot wide but bone rattling tackles by Dainty, Barlone and sub Demetrius Smikle confirmed Coleshill's determination and they took the lead on 70 minutes when a Smikle shot was parried by Read but Cobourne was on hand to force home. The lead lasted just two minutes when a long throw was helped on by Cole for Sanders to head home. Cobourne shot wide, Dainty shot straight at the keeper as Town still had the upper hand but they were stunned when Castle substitute Dominic Smith, with his first touch, curled the ball beyond Hathaway and into the far corner of the net, 3-2 to the visitors. Dean Rathbone's goal bound volley was blocked, Barlone headed wide, Evans blazed over the bar, Luke Edwards header was cleared off the line as Coleshill went in search of an equaliser and it finally came in the dying seconds. Sub Danico Johnson crossed for Cobourne and when his shot was parried by Read, captain Rob Evans flung himself at the ball to head into an empty net. Cobourne could have won it at the death but Read saved his effort and the two sides will have to do it all again on Tuesday.

The games against Stafford Rangers and Newcastle Town have shown that Town could compete at the next level up. The squad is getting stronger by the week with not only the starting eleven but also a full bench capable of changing a game and missing from that squad is Tom Weale, Ricky Cutting, Danny Douglas, Danny Tymon, Mykel Beckley, Richard Munday and Brendan Murphy.

Another View: taken from Newcastle Town web site: ... 11843#news
FA CUP: Castle face cup replay after thrilling draw
By Steve Sharman:

Newcastle Town face an FA Cup replay on Tuesday evening after drawing 3-3 with Coleshill Town in their first qualifying round tie.

The game which was played at the home of Tamworth Football Club saw the two sides play out a thrilling tie.

Castle opened the scoring through new loan signing Omar Haughton with Ivan Lodge's side taking the one goal lead into the half time break.

Coleshill who disposed of Stafford Rangers in the previous round, then took the lead with two quick fire goals from Simeon Colbourne.

However Tim Sanders levelled the game with a goal in the 72nd minute before Dominic Smith scored his third FA Cup goal of the season to give the visitors the lead.

But with Castle looking set to progress to the next round, Rob Evans netted for the hosts in the last minute to take the game into a replay.

The replay will be played this coming Tuesday (15th) at the Aspire Stadium with a 7.45pm KO.

This means the scheduled league game with Kidsgrove has been postponed and will be rearranged by the league. When a new date is arranged for this game then we will announce it on the website and social media channels.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2015-2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest