Coleshill Town 4 v 2 Dunkirk - FA Vase

First Team Match Reports 2015-2016

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 4 v 2 Dunkirk - FA Vase

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:12 am

Saturday 21st November 2015
F.A. Vase Second Round Proper
Coleshill Town 4 v 2 Dunkirk
Town: Dean Rathbone 2 (1 pen), Josh Nash, Sam Adkins.
Kirk: Adrian Lang, Samuel Osbourne.
Attendance: 57.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Rob Evans, Josh Quaynor, Luke Edwards, Josh Nash (Tom Weale), Craig Milligan (Simeon Cobourne), Leon Weller, Sam Adkins, Luke Barlone (Giovanni Dainty), Dean Rathbone, Mykel Beckley. Subs not used Chris Hughes, Chris Cowley.

Dunkirk: Jake Want, Aiden Smith, Daniel Fletcher, Matt Ellis, Lewis Wilcox, Toby Moore, Lee Stevenson, Damien Gacki, Glodi Bange, Samuel Osborne, Adrian Lang. Subs Oliver Willetts, McKenna Parton, Keelan Barker, Tom Dudley.

Coleshill Town progressed after a 4-2 home win against Dunkirk.

Coleshill progressed to the last 64 of the FA Vase but they made hard work of seeing off a very young but enthusiastic Dunkirk side that currently lie in a relegation position of the MFL Premier. Manager Paul Casey only made a couple of changes from the gruelling but successful encounter with Highgate on Tuesday, Jesse Race was suspended and replaced by Josh Nash, and Mykel Beckley and Sam Adkins came in for Tom Weale and Gio Dainty who both dropped to the bench. Coleshill started brightly and Luke Barlone, twice, Mykel Beckley and Dean Rathbone all had chances to put Town ahead. Dunkirk looked out of their depth at this stage and a home goal just might have killed their confidence but on 13 minutes they were given a massive lift. A long ball looked to be going nowhere until Rob Evans tried to direct the ball back to his keeper Paul Hathaway but put it straight into the path of Lang who raced into the box and although Hathaway got a hand to Lang's shot, he couldn't keep it out of the net. Beckley's header was parried onto the bar by the visitors keeper Want, but it wouldn't have counted anyway as Beckley was off-side. Coleshill still had the upper hand but Dunkirk were growing in confidence and had they held the lead to the break, Town could have been in for a frustrating second half. However, in time added on, Coleshill made the break-through! A Sam Adkins corner was chested down then volleyed by Beckley at the far post. His effort came back off the foot of the post but Josh Nash was on hand with the finishing touch!

Five minutes into the second half Coleshill took the lead with a cracking right foot (yes! right foot!) shot from Sam Adkins that arrowed into the corner of the net with Want at full stretch. That should have been game over, but nobody told Dunkirk and they started to take the game to Coleshill with some neat and crisp football although they lacked a cutting edge. With just 15 minutes remaining Kirk's best player, Osbourne, won a free kick on the edge of the Coleshill box. Fletcher's bending free kick was pushed out by Hathaway but only to Osbourne who shot into an empty net. Step up Dean Rathbone! Keeper Want saved well from a Rathbone shot but on 84 minutes Barlone got to a long ball before the keeper and was fouled in the penalty area. Rathbone casually slotted the ball home. Rathbone sent a bending shot just inches wide of the far post, then on 90 minutes Beckley sent Rathbone clear in the box and he powered a left foot (yes! left foot!) shot into the roof of the net. In time added on Josh Quaynor made a great run down the left that took him all the way into the opposing penalty area and when he went to ground under a challenge it looked more a penalty than the first spot kick but the referee wasn't interested!

Six games, six wins since playing on the 3G pitch but that record will be severely tested next week when league leaders Hereford come to Town!

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2015-2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest