Coleshill Town 1 v 4 Hereford

First Team Match Reports 2015-2016

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 4 Hereford

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Saturday 28th November 2015
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 1 v 4 Hereford
Colemen: Luke Barlone.
Bulls: John Mills 2, Rob Evans Own Goal, Mustapha Bundu.
Attendance: 565.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Tom Weale (Coleshill) Mustapha Bundu (Hereford)

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Rob Evans, Josh Quaynor, Luke Edwards, Jesse Race, Sam Adkins, Reece Leek (Luke Barlone), Craig Milligan (Rikardo Reid), Mykel Beckley (Giovanni Dainty), Tom Weale, Dean Rathbone. Subs not used Chris Cowley, Demetrius Smikle.

Hereford: Harvey Rivers, Jimmy Oates, Joel Edwards, Rob Purdie, Jamie Willetts, Ryan Green, Joe Tumelty, Aaron Birch, John Mills, Mustapha Bundu, Mike Symons. Subs Max Konic-Coveney, Sirdic Adjei Grant, Anthony Robbins, Dylan Bonella, Carlos Moreira.

Leaders Hereford powered their way to a 20th straight victory with a 4-1 win at Coleshill Town. John Mills struck twice for the visitors and also saw his cross turned into the net for an own goal from Rob Evans. Mustapha Bundu was also on the Hereford scoresheet with Town's goal coming from Luke Barlone.

A lousy day for the weather, not too good a day for the team, but a fabulous day for the club! A crowd of 565, the second highest crowd ever at Pack Meadow, huddled into the two stands to try to get some relief from the constant rain and wind! On the pitch, league leaders Hereford won the game 4-1 and with the talent on show you can't see anything other than the Bulls lifting the title come the end of the season but Coleshill weren't totally outclassed. Apart from a five minute lapse of concentration which gifted the visitors two goals, Town competed well and were still in the game until a fourth goal on 86 minutes.

The Colemen started well! A long ball from home keeper Hathaway was volleyed only just wide of the goal by Mykel Beckley. Josh Quaynor found Dean Rathbone on the edge of the box and his shot was well saved by the visitors keeper Rivers. But Hereford went in front on 8 minutes with an avoidable goal. Mills made a fine run into the right side of the box and his teasing cross was diverted into his own net by Rob Evans at the far post. Just three minutes later and it was 2-0. Mustapha Bundu seemed to take on the whole of the Coleshill defence with the ball magically stuck to his foot. The Man Of The Match tried to walk the ball home giving Town the chance to clear the danger but when the ball quickly came back in, Mills was all alone to nod into an empty net. Coleshill were hanging on at this stage and it could have got worse as Mills lifted a great chance over the bar. But Coleshill slowly started to get a foothold in the game. Craig Milligan and Rathbone shot over the bar and then a Tom Weale long throw was half cleared to Sam Adkins who again shot over the bar from a great position. At 2-0 at the break Town were still in the game but on 45 minutes Bundu waltzed through the home defence and hit a shot with the outside of his foot that went in off the post!

Coleshill could have caved in but they showed some bottle and had a much better second half! Hathaway saved from Symons and Purdie shot wide before Rathbone found debutant Rikardo Reid in a great position in the box but the striker took too long and the chance had gone. Hathaway took a free kick just inside his own half which Luke Barlone headed on and Weale headed over. Quaynor found Barlone who chested back to Weale who saw his shot saved by Rivers at a stretch. Bonella shot over for the visitors but Coleshill finally got reward for their enterprising play on 80 minutes. Adkins sent Evans free down the right flank and his cross was met by Barlone who shot first time into the net! There was no doubt that Coleshill were on top at this stage but with just four minutes to play they again gifted a goal to the visitors! After all the fine passing play a long punt down the middle left the Town defence flat footed leaving Symons free to cross for Mills to tap home from 7 yards out! Coleshill still had a chance to make the scoreline less flattering to the visitors as from their own box Town broke quickly, Barlone played in Weale who powered into the box but saw his vicious shot saved by the keepers feet!

First defeat on the new 3G pitch but no disgrace! Coleshill can hold their heads up high as they matched the table toppers for much of the game!

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2015-2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests