Coleshill Town 7 v 2 Quorn - League Cup

First Team Match Reports 2015-2016

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 7 v 2 Quorn - League Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Tuesday 22nd December 2015
Midland Football League - League Cup 3rd Round
Coleshill Town 7 v 2 Quorn
Coleshill: Demitrius Smikle, Ricardo Reid 2, Giovanni Dainty, Mykel Beckley, Tom Weale, Nathaniel Lewars.

Quorn: Connor Hughes, Jermaine Palmer.

Attendance: 38.

Opposition Player Of The Match: Ricardo Reid (Coleshill), Jermaine Palmer (Quorn)

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, James Williams, Josh Quaynor, Luke Edwards, Danny Douglas (Jesse Race), Craig Milligan, Tom Weale, Giovanni Dainty, Ricardo Reid (Ryan Nash), Mykel Beckley (Nathaniel Lewars) , Demitrius Smikle. Subs not used: Ryan Caputo, Chris Cowley.

Quorn: R.Thacker, J.Oldham, S.Alcott, M.Pearce, J.Davis, C.Hughes, D.Hind, C.Thompson, L.Turner, J.Palmer, N.Goold. Subs D.Bryans, G.Conway, L.Hammond.

Coleshill marched into the Quarter Final of The MFL Cup with what sounds like a thrashing of visitors Quorn! But, in truth, Town weren't "that" good and Quorn weren't "that" bad, in a very entertaining game but it has to be said that Coleshill's finishing was clinical!
There had already been several chance before Town opened the scoring on 13 minutes. Young James Williams started the move from the right back position and the ball was quickly move on to Gio Dainty, then Tom Weale and eventually Demitrius Smikle in the box. Smikle, with back to the goal, turned and shot in the same move and the ball rocketed into the roof of the net. Within a minute it was 2-0 as Craig Milligan, playing his 50th game for Coleshill, won the ball in midfield and released Ricardo Reid who advanced into the box before shooting beyond the keeper from 6 yards out. Mykel Beckley had a shot saved by the keeper Thacker's feet before Hughes reduced the arrears after Hathaway saved the initial effort but Hughes was on hand to complete the job. Suddenly, Quorn's tales were up and they played some very neat and tidy football but Coleshill still looked the more likely to score next. The Thacker was lucky to stay on the pitch as he brought Reid down outside the box, but the stopper made up for this with a double save to deny Tom Weale. Smikle had the ball in the net again but was adjudged off side but Coleshill virtually made the game safe with two goals in the dying two minutes of the half. Beckley did brilliantly to get to the bye line and his inviting cross was a tap in for Reid, then Luke Edwards headed on a Tom Weale long throw and when Reid's effort was blocked Giovanni Dainty was on hand to volley home. 4-1 at half time was harsh on the visitors who had contributed well to a fine first 45 minutes.
Within seconds of the restart it was five as Reid nicked the ball off the Thacker and crossed for Beckley to shoot into an empty net. James Williams ran half the length of the field, cut inside and saw his shot saved at the foot of the post. Quorn hit back and Paul Hathaway had to be at his best to save a 28 yard pile-driver from Thompson. On 57 minutes it was six as Reid's saved shot fell well for Weale who volleyed into the net. Quorn weren't finished and Jermaine Palmer made it 6-2 from 22 yards as his powerful shot took a deflection and wrong-footed Hathaway. The Quorn keeper made another fine double save from Weale then Milligan following up and then Reid missed a sitter that would have completed his hat-trick. Nathaniel Lewars made a long awaited return and got his name on the score sheet when Weale's fine run and cross was met at the far post and crashed into the net. Palmer headed straight at Hathaway and Hammond's shot was saved by the Town keeper on a night where nothing much went right for the visitors.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2015-2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest