Coleshill Town 3 v 2 Bardon Hill

First Team Match Reports 2015-2016

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 3 v 2 Bardon Hill

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Saturday 23rd January 2016
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 3 v 2 Bardon Hill
Town: Ricardo Reid 2, Mykel Beckley.
Hill: Dean Withers, Luke Edwards.
Attendance: 61.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Shane Benjamin (Coleshill) Ben Thomas Gough (Bardon)

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Rob Evans, Josh Quaynor, Luke Edwards, Jesse Race, Sam Atkins, Reece Leek, Giovanni Dainty (Nathaniel Lewars), Shane Benjamin, Ricardo Reid (Mykel Beckley), Demitrius Smikle (Dean Rathbone). Subs not used Craig Milligan, Guy Clarke.

Bardon: Ben Gough, Macauley Holmes, Josh Eggington, Dean Withers, Lee Attenborough, Carl Slater, Rob Mulonga, Ryan Pearce, Rich Hanslow, Luke Edwards, Steve Chaplin. Subs Sam Moore, Kyle Fowkes, Leon Fray.

Coleshill Town beat Bardon Hill 3-2. But the winning margin should have been more with the home side rattling the woodwork five times. Ricardo Reid struck a first half double but after the visitors had hauled themselves level it was left to Mykel Beckley to tap in the winner four minutes from the end.

Coleshill had to wait until the 87th minute to secure the three points as Bardon Hill twice battled back from a goal down but Town should have been out of sight as they missed a host of chances and hit the woodwork on no less than five occasions.
The Colemen started very confidently but it was the visitors that had the first real opening. Mulonga made a fine run down the right, passed to Hanslow who's inviting cross looked to be heading for the onrushing Edwards but Rob Evans got back to make a goal saving clearance. Reece Leek was having another fine game as he saw Shane Benjamin head over from one of his crosses. Hill keeper Gough was off his line quickly to get to the ball just before Ricardo Reid, Demitrius Smikle fired just wide of the post from another Leek cross, then Leek shot powerfully just over the bar. Attenborough was unchallenged at a corner and should have done better than head wide. Sam Adkins had the first of many shots from the edge of the area and Gough got the finest of touches to deflect the effort out for a corner. Ex Town player Dean Withers showed what he is capable of as he saw his free kick go just the wrong side of the post, then Jesse Race got in a fine block as Hanslow's shot looked goal bound. Coleshill took the lead on the half hour when another fine run and cross by Leek found Ricardo Reid in the box and his turn and shot found the back of the net but the keeper will be disappointed with his efforts to stop the ball crossing the line. Leek's quick feet on the edge of the box gave him room to shoot but his powerful shot cannoned off the bar. On 37 minutes the visitors were level from another free kick by Withers which expertly found the top corner of the net from 22 yards giving home keeper Paul Hathaway no chance but Town were back infront within a minute. Josh Quaynor's cross was headed up in the air and when the ball came down in the box Benjamin cleverly controlled the ball and laid it back to Reid who passed the ball into the net. Gough saved from Adkins again before Hathaway saved from Hill's Luke Edwards. Leek got to the bye line again but instead of crossing he decided to shoot and his effort hit the foot of the post, came out to Benjamin who shot against the bar, the ball then rebounding to Reid who then hit the post again.

Coleshill started the second half well on top as Rob Evans had an overhead kick well saved and our own Luke Edwards had the ball in the net but was adjudged off-side. A good run by Josh Quaynor set up Demitrius Smikle and his cross to the far post found Reece Leek who hit the post yet again with a header. Chaplin had won everything in the air all afternoon and his header from a Withers free kick went just over the bar, but the pair were back again on the hour mark when Chaplin headed down a Withers free kick and Edwards forced the ball home for the equaliser. It looked as though it wasn't going to be Coleshill's day as with the chances they had they should have been well in front. Adkins saw another couple of efforts go wide and Gough was out quickly at the feet of Mykel Beckley. Gough saved an Evans shot with his feet, then Evan's cross was headed against the post yet again by Beckley as Coleshill upped the ante in search of the winner that they deserved. A Beckley scissor-kick went straight at the keeper but with just three minutes left Town finally got the killer goal. Dean Rathbone's deep free-kick found Luke Edwards at the far post and he headed the ball back across goal and Mykel Beckley was on hand to force the ball home. Bardon Hill ever so nearly levelled the scores for a third time as Slater slipped the ball through the Town defence to send Fray free but Rob Evan's desperate sliding tackle saved the day!

A View From The Other Side A match report taken from Bardon Hill web site:
Bardon Lose Out At Coleshill !!

Bardon Hill travelled to Coleshill Town and came away empty handed after a 3-2 defeat. Bardon were not comfortable from the start of the game, played on Coleshill`s new 3G pitch, which obviously takes some getting used too, that coupled with having to play a unfamiliar system of three at the back, meant that for the early stages of the game Bardon were mostly chasing shadows. As the game settled down, Bardon started to find their feet but were knocked back when Ricardo Reid scored on the half hour. It didn`t take long for Bardon to level the scores when Dean Withers scored straight from a free kick, from some twenty five yards out. Parity didn`t last long though as Reid scored his and Coleshill`s` second just two minutes later. The score at half time remained 2-1.

Bardon looked more comfortable at the start of the second half and got their reward on the hour when a knock down header from the tireless Steve Chaplin found Luke Edwards, who made no mistake from ten yards out. Coleshill threw everything at Bardon and only Ben Gough, who was superb throughout and the frame of the goal kept the home side out.

It looked like Bardon would hold on for a point as they soaked up the relentless pressure, but unfortunately with just three minutes of normal time remaining the pressure told and Mykel Beckley scored the winner for Coleshill. Final Score 3-2.

Not a great day at the office for Bardon, but at least they got back to playing after the recent bad weather, some odd decisions by the match officials didn`t help Bardon's cause, but unfortunately that's all part of the game, lessons have to be learnt and move onto the next game.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2015-2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest