Coleshill Town 1 v 3 Shepshed Dynamo

First Team Match Reports 2015-2016

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 3 Shepshed Dynamo

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:17 pm

Saturday 30th January 2016
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 1 v 3 Shepshed Dynamo
Town: Mykel Beckley.
Dynamo: Matt Langham, Karl Whymark, Dominic Brennan.
Attendance: 102.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Tom Weale (Coleshill) Lee Miveld (Shepshed)

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, James Williams, Josh Quaynor, Luke Edwards, Jesse Race (Guy Clarke), Giovanni Dainty, Reece Leek, Tom Weale, Ricardo Reid (Rico Taylor), Mykel Beckley, Demitrius Smikle (Simeon Cobourne). Subs not used Danny Douglas, Craig Milligan.

Shepshed: Jack Hartop, Adam Hohn, Will Rawdon, Lee Miveld, Danny Chapman, Jake Betts, Karl Whymark, Niall Prenderville, Matt Langham, Michael Reeve, Dominic Brennan. Subs Will Coutis, Laurie Pearson, Sam Craven.

A Mykel Beckley goal wasn't enough to rescue Coleshill Town who lost 3-1 at home to Shepshed Dynamo - the only team in the top five in league action.

There have been some fabulously entertaining games at Pack Meadow since the laying of the new 3G pitch, this wasn't one of them! After a dour first half, littered with mistakes, all the action came in the second half but Coleshill contributed to their own defeat when they were actually well on top!
Any team would suffer without four of their best players, and Coleshill struggled to put their game together without Rob Evans, Dean Rathbone, Sam Adkins and Shane Benjamin. Town started well enough with a Tom Weale free kick hit straight at the keeper and two efforts put wide by Ricardo Reid but the visitors should have took the lead when Brennan luckily found himself clear but with just the keeper to beat he dragged his shot wide and the same player lobbed the ball over the bar as well as the home keeper Paul Hathaway from a great position. Demitrius Smikle shot narrowly wide and Reid had an effort parried by the visitors keeper Hartop, the first of a series of good saves, but neither side deserved a lead and the half finished goalless.
Smikle sent Reid clear but his shot was deflected for a corner and a Josh Quaynor free kick went narrowly wide as Coleshill started the half as the dominant force but Dynamo took the lead on 51 minutes with a break-away goal. Reece Leek did well to force another corner but Brennan picked up the clearance and ran at the home defence and when he found Langham clear inside the box, the striker picked his spot shooting across Hathaway. Hathaway had to be sharp off his line to get to a through ball before Prenderville but it was the home side that looked the more likely to score the next goal. Smikle bent a shot just over the angle of bar and post then a great run and cross down the right by Leek found Mykel Beckley but his bending shot was pushed over the bar by Hartop and then the keeper repeated the act as a header from Luke Edwards was also pushed over the bar. Coleshill finally got their reward on 61 minutes when Smikle and Beckley combined, Beckley's cross finding Reid in the box and although his shot was partially blocked Beckley had continued running and tapped into the net. Shepshed were screaming for off-side but if anything a hand-ball by a Dynamo defender was a more likely refereeing decision, the goal stood! Town were well on top now and there looked to be just one winner of this game and it wasn't Shepshed. A Josh Quaynor free kick bent round the wall was going in but Hartop saved again, then Reid hit the bar from a cross by Smikle. In reply Whymark shot from distance which made Hathaway work but then Coleshill committed the cardinal sin of giving the ball away when there appeared to be no danger! Whymark nicked the ball, played a neat one-two with Miveld and then struck a cracking shot that whistled past Hathaway, 77 minutes 2-1 to the visitors. This knocked the wind out of Town's sail and although they battled manly to get back into the game it was the visitors that scored again in time added on. Again it was a break away and a long ball came off the top of Guy Clarke's head to leave Brennan with a clear run at goal. Hathaway got a hand to Brennan's effort but couldn't stop the ball crossing the line.
One point from the last two games is disappointing but with 19 games still to go, there is still hope of breaking into the top ten or even top six and there is still a Quarter Final tie in the League Cup to look forward to.

A View From The Other Side: A report taken from the Shepshed web site: ... 61296.html

Despite a below par performance Shepshed Dynamo made it five consecutive away wins and remain unbeaten in the Midland Football League in 2016.

Shepshed made two changes from their narrow Leicestershire Challenge Cup defeat Adam Hohn replacing Tom Rigby and Niall Prenderville replacing Liam Read.

But prior to kick off they were forced into a further change as goalkeeper Laurie Pearson making his league return after a lengthy lay off due to injury pulled up on the warm up. Jack Hartopp replacing him in goal.

Shepshed struggled to get into the game on Pack Meadows 3G surface and it was Coleshill applying the early pressure.

Thomas Weales free kick on five minutes after a foul by Danny Chapman was straight at Hartopp. Four minutes later Ricardo Reid fired wide.

Both Weale and Reid both went close again on eighteen minutes.

Dynamos first chance of the game came on twenty minutes but Dominic Brennans effort was scrambled clear. Five minutes later and Brennan couldn't quite lift his effort over Paul Hathaway in the Town goal.

Coleshill were gifted a perfect chance on thirty three minutes a poor ball across his own box by Will Rawdon forced a foul on the edge of the area from Chapman, but Demitrius Smikle blazed the free kick over the top.

The final chance of the half fell to Brennan but his shot went over the bar.

Coleshill continued to look the more dangerous at the start of the second half.

On forty six minutes Reids effort was blocked by Hohn and three minutes later Josh Quaynors free kick went wide.

Against the run of play Shepshed took the lead on fifty minutes. Hartopps kick was met by Brennan who fed the ball to Langham to slot passed Hathaway.

Dynamo were boosted by the goal and two minutes later Michael Reeve forced a good save from Hathaway.

Coleshill were never outof the game and pressed for an equaliser.

Smikle fired wide on fifty five minutes. Then five minutes later Hartopp was forced to tip over the bar twice firstly from Mykel Beckley and then from the corner from Luke Edwards.

Coleshill deservedly equalised on sixty three minutes. With Shepshed struggling to clear the danger the ball ricochet to Quaynor to tap passed Hartopp. Despite lengthy disputes for offside from Shepshed the goal was allowed.

Coleshill were again on top of the game Hartopp misjudged the bounce on the 3G surface but Jake Betts was on hand to clear on sixty six minutes.

Three minutes later Hartopp saved a Town free kick. A minute later Coleshill had their best chance of taking the lead when Reids effort came crashing off the cross bar.

Shepshed then had two good chances of their own. Karl Whymarks shot saved by Hathaway on seventy four minutes. Then on seventy seven minutes Prenderville pulled the ball back to Whymark who steered his shot passed Hathaway to restore Dynamos lead.

Coleshill were always a threat and probably deserved something from the game. On eighty one minutes Hartopp saved from Giovani Dainty and Brennan went straight up the other end but his effort was straight at Hathaway.

With the game drawing to a close it was Town in search of an equaliser. Hartopp was alert coming out to Beckley four minutes from time and two minutes later Beckleys shot was straight into Hartopp.

With the game now in injury time Shepshed caught Coleshill on the break. Will Coutts broke free and with Coleshills defence stretched he found Brennan in support who slotted the ball home to seal the points for Shepshed.

Despite the below par performance Shepshed worked through it to gain all three points and know they will need to improve to continue their unbeaten run further.

Next up is two home games. First with a place in the League Cup Quarter Finals up for grabs Nuneaton Griff are the visitors Tuesday evening. Although a division below they are known as a useful outfit and then on Saturday it's fifth versus sixth as AFC Wulfrunians are the visitors to the Dovecote Stadium.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2015-2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest