Coleshill Town 1 v 0 Wellesbourne

First Team Match Reports 1993-1994

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 0 Wellesbourne

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:17 pm

Saturday 20th November 1993
Skol Midland Combination Premier
Coleshill Town 1 v 0 Wellesbourne
Scorer: Delroy Amory.

P17 W3 D5 L9 F18 A27 Pts14 Pos17

Team: Mickey Chapman, Eamon Murphy, Colin Cooke, Neil Hughes, D.Smith, Mark Hopkins, Steve Whipps, Delroy Amory, Carl Grigg, Jonathan Johnson, Jimmy Byrne. Subs Trevor Brown, Errol Black. (Confirmed)

After several shots on goal the opener came from Coleshill when Murphy set up Amory. The game then switched with Wellesbourne on the attack and Sheppard and Perry fired in several shots without success.
Half Time Coleshill 1 v 0 Wellesbourne.

Amory scored the only goal of the game in the first half to give Coleshill the victory. An even second half saw Coleshill pushing for a second goal to make the game safe and Wellesbourne searching for an equaliser.

Off-Key Bourne Suffer Setback

Wellesbourne, who had comfortably beaten Coleshill earlier in the season, put on their worst performance for some time as they suffered their ninth defeat in the Premier Division on Saturday. Against a hard working Coleshill in the rearranged game, Wellsebourne never really looked like getting a result although the made a bright start. A good run by Darren Perry ended with Nick Kearney shooting narrowly wide. After a spell of scrappy midfield play, Coleshill began to get on top and, from a corner, Grigg hit a speculative shot that struck the top of the crossbar. Wellesbourne were reduced to making the occasional attacks and one solo effort by Dave Sheppard finished with him shooting just over. A goalbound drive from Simon Lilley was also deflected for a corner. As the home side kept up the pressure, Amory hit the post and then, after 22 minutes, the same player got the all important goal. A quick break set him up to shoot past keeper Gary Bishop. Amory had another effort superbly saved by Bishop as Coleshill stepped up the tempo and Grigg shot wide when well placed. Wellesbourne rallied towards the end of the first half and Kearney was just off target with a shot. The second half proved largely to be a stalemate with Wellesbourne having the balance of play but lacking the punch to break down a solid home defence. Coleshill appeared content with their lead and neither keeper was really troubled. Wellesbourne had their new signing Rob Forster from Wilmcote off the substitutes bench for the last half hour although he was unable to make an impact. Wellesbourne Manager Stuart Dixon said "It was very disappointing at Coleshill. We never got off the blocks. We created a few chances in the first 15 minutes but never really got going after that".

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1993-1994”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest