Coleshill Town 3 v 0 Bolehall Swifts - Challenge Cup

First Team Match Reports 1992-1993

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 3 v 0 Bolehall Swifts - Challenge Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:33 pm

Saturday 26th September 1992
Midland Combination Challenge Cup 1st Round
Coleshill Town 3 v 0 Bolehall Swifts
Scorers: Paul Casey 2, Trevor Burroughs.

Team: Mark Hart, Jamie Turton, Colin Cooke, Kevin Walsh, Jamie Harden, Paul Wilson, Steve Whipps, Malcolm Teeling, Paul Bodfish, Trevor Burroughs, Paul Casey. Subs Martin Wyatt, Neil Everton. (Confirmed)

Burroughs opened the scoring on the hour when he latched on to a loose ball in the area. The other two goals were scored by top scorer Casey.

Coles Joy In Swifts Derby

Coleshill Town emerged as the victors in Saturday's exciting tussle for local honours against Bolehall Swifts. A save of world class proportions by Graham Ward, diving back and to his left to flick over a header from Bodfish in the 40th second of play saved Swifts from an early deficit. The free header from the resultant corner, again from Bodfish, then cleared the bar and must have had the Bolehall management wondering if it's defence, which let six goals in last week, was somewhat suspect! Haynes then found Aubury from a well taken free kick but the Swifts striker was dispossessed by Hart before he could settle to shoot. Aubury set up Haynes in the 10th minute and his well struck volley was well held by Hart. Two minutes later, Thurman and Aubury combined to provide Satchwell with a near post effort which went narrowly wide. Haynes, at right back for Bolehall, was looking a lot more sharper than he has done for a few weeks, and he won some vital tackles as Coleshill attempted to get into the match. Thurman, also looking sharp, combined well with Aubury as Swifts continued to dominate. In the 23rd minute they should have taken a well deserved lead when Davies Llewellyn found himself with the goal at his mercy after poor defending but the defender, turned forward for the last two weeks, shot well wide. Coleshill won a corner in the 25th minute and Harden headed past the near post when seemingly unopposed. Bolehall again created a good chance when Stringer went on a run down the middle and used Satchwell to set Aubury up but the striker put his shot high. Aubury penetrated down the left in the 39th minute and put in a superb cross for Satchwell who headed inches wide under pressure from Welsh. Just on half time Davies Llewellyn found space inside the Coleshill area but his left foot effort hardly troubled Hart.

A good run down the right by Tunnicliffe saw Turton clear the ball off the goal line six minutes into the second half. Three minutes later, Aubury had a free header but placed it over the bar and then disaster struck! Tunnicliffe, attempting to play the ball out of danger, lost possession as it hit a Coleshill forward and fell to Burroughs unmarked on the edge of the Bolehall area. He hit his left foot shot wide of Ward for a goal very much against the run of play. In the 59th minute Paul Casey hit the first of two goals when he burst down the right to finish with some skill. Davies-Llewellyn hit a shot high in the 78th minute as Bolehall tried in vain to restore the balance but with Bolehall pressing everyone forward to try and grab a goal, Casey sealed their fate with Coleshill’s third. Satchwell saw his shot strike the post in the 86th minute as Bolehall made their exit from the Challenge Cup with only their own lack of composure in front of goal to blame for their defeat.

In the first minute Ward brought off a brilliant save from under the bar from Bodfish. At the other end Hart was equal to a volley from Davis- Llewellyn. A fine attack down the left by Bolehall was ended when Walsh intervened.
Half Time: Coleshill 0 v 0 Bolehall.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1992-1993”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest