Coleshill Town 1 v 6 Sandwell Borough

First Team Match Reports 1992-1993

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 6 Sandwell Borough

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Saturday 10th October 1992
Ansells Midland Combination Premier
Coleshill Town 1 v 6 Sandwell Borough
Scorer: Trevor Burroughs.

Team: Mark Hart, Malcolm Teeling, Colin Cooke, Kevin Walsh, Jamie Harden, Stuart Randell, Steve Whipps, Paul Wilson, Paul Bodfish, Trevor Burroughs, Paul Casey. Subs Neil Everton, Phil Bailey. (Confirmed)

P10 W3 D2 L5 F18 A20 Pts11 Pos11

Coleshill were rocked by two goals in eight minutes by a very lowly Sandwell team. After six minutes Sandwell took the lead, a deep corner from the left eluded everyone except an unmarked Foster who headed home. Two minutes later the same player made it 2-0. Hart in the Coleshill goal was slow in coming for a through ball and Foster slipped in to make it two. Richard Lowe should have made it three after 15 minutes but he blasted his shot high over the bar from 10 yards. After 33 minutes a fine cross by Lowe was met with a fine header by Foster but his effort was just over. Two minutes later Sandwell made it 3-0, a long through ball found Foster again with a one on one situation with the keeper. Hart saved his shot well but could not hold the ball and it ran loose to Watts who made it three.
Half Time: Coleshill 0 v 3 Sandwell.

Gary Glitters On Debut

New boy Gary Foster hit four goals in a sensational debut as Coleshill were torn apart by an excellent Sandwell side. Foster stunned the home side with two goals in the first eight minutes. With the Coleshill defence looking at each other he nipped in with a far post header and rounded the keeper for his second. He found himself clear again after 37 minutes but his shot was saved by the keeper. Watts followed up from the rebound. Watts scored his second goal after 73 minutes running the ball in after another defensive error. Burroughs pulled one back for Coleshill with 10 minutes to go but Foster came back with another with a chip over the keepers head. He rounded off a glorious day a minute from time when he drove the ball in after being put clear.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1992-1993”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest