Coleshill Town 1 v 2 Moor Green - Birmingham Senior Cup

First Team Match Reports 1992-1993

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 2 Moor Green - Birmingham Senior Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Saturday 24th October 1992
Birmingham Senior Cup 1st Round
Coleshill Town 1 v 2 Moor Green
Scorer: Paul Bodfish.

Team: Paul Bodfish, Stuart Randall. (Confirmed) Mark Hart, Jamie Harden, Mark Bennett, Colin Cooke, Malcom Teeling, Steve Whipps, Paul Wilson, Trevor Burroughs, Phil Bailey. Subs Neil Everton, Mark Hopkins. (Probable but not confirmed)

Moor Green's constant pressure told ten minutes from the break when Rowley's shot found the net. Moor Green were two up ten minutes after the break when Randall headed the ball into his own net. Coleshill reduced the arrears after 67 minutes through Bodfish.

Battling Moors March Through

The Moors just squeezed through this brutal Birmingham Senior Cup tie to earn a trip to VS Rugby in Round Two. The whole match was an unsavoury affair, with the Moor Green players trying to escape serious injury as a series of dangerous tackles by the Midland Combination side went unpunished. The Moor Green centre back jinx struck again after 36 minutes. With four players ruled out, manager Bob Faulkner gave ex-England Schoolboy Warren Grosvenor his debut, but before the youngster could settle he received a painful kick on the ankle and was substituted. A minute before this incident Moors had scored the opening goal, Phil Davies made up for an earlier miss when he went on a good run down the left before placing a square pass for Wayne Rowley to shoot past the Coleshill keeper. Moor Green extended their lead 11 minutes into the second half, Graham Clegg made ground down the left and his floated centre was headed into his own net by defender Stuart Randall. The game then deteriorated as the Moor Green Physio had to enter the field a number of times to provide treatment. Darren Grocutt almost had his leg removed by a tackle, Rowley received a kick to the midriff, Phil Davies was sent flying through the air, and goalkeeper Nigel Watson was knocked unconscious. Coleshill did manage a goal in the 68th minute when Bodfish forced the ball home from a goal-mouth scramble.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1992-1993”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest