Mile Oak Rovers 0 v 2 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 1992-1993

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Mile Oak Rovers 0 v 2 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Saturday 13th March 1993
Ansells Midland Combination Premier
Mile Oak Rovers 0 v 2 Coleshill Town
Scorers: Trevor Burroughs 2.

Team: ? Regan (This could be Rogan), Jim Rosborough, Stuart Randall, Colin Cooke, Mark Bennett, Mark Hopkins, Steve Whipps, Neil Hughes, Phil Bailey, Trevor Burroughs, John Taylor. Subs ? Marden, P. Hughes. (Confirmed)

P25 W11 D5 L9 F38 A34 Pts38 Pos9

This was an end to end game, with several good chances missed by both teams. On 32 minutes the Oak defence was caught flat footed allowing Taylor to shoot. The keeper made a fine save but could not stop Burroughs from putting the ball in the net.
Half Time Coleshill 1 v 0 Mile Oak.

Coleshill took the lead on 32 minutes when Taylor's shot was well saved but Burroughs fired in the rebound. The second period became stalemate with very little to cheer the crowd. However, Burroughs sealed the points for the visitors when scrambling the ball in from close range.

Oak Slip In Derby

After beating Coleshill just a few weeks ago, Mile Oak were confident of repeating the scoreline this time around. But it wasn't to be, and with the injured Thurman out, this was always going to be a difficult one for the Price Avenue squad. Mile Oak had the first chance via Ellison after being put through by Keyte but he ended up just sending in a weak shot which the defender covered well. At the other end, Peter Lickorish, making his debut in the Oak goal, started well, holding on to two difficult crosses after good approach work by Coleshill. For Oak, their next chance was via the same combination - Keyte set up Ellison - but he took it too wide to do any serious damage. Martin Wyatt was next to show when, after a penetrative run, he was only stopped by a fine tackle by Cooke and Rovers threatened once more when a well flighted Ellison centre was only scrambled away by the head of a Coleshill back. But, just when it seemed as though Oak may notch, Coleshill spotted a gap in the Rovers defence and made full use of that to score via Burroughs who netted a re-bound. By now Coleshill were playing the better football and Hughes had a shot hit the cross-bar and Burroughs went close again with an effort that went just wide. The final chance in a frantic opening half fell to Oak with Stibbs setting up Pratt for a testing cross that just eluded Keyte and Ellison. Mile Oak however had far fewer efforts in the second half and their only serious chance arrived half-way through the session when Hart put Ellison through and after out-pacing the defence and pushing the keeper wide, he set up Wyatt for a chance blocked by a defender. With 15 minutes left Coleshill made it 2-0 when Burroughs trundled the ball home after good work by Hughes. Overall Coleshill did enough to deserve their win, although Oak did have their moments.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1992-1993”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest