Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Mile Oak Rovers

First Team Match Reports 1991-1992

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Mile Oak Rovers

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Saturday 23rd November 1991
Influence Midland Combination Premier
Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Mile Oak Rovers
Scorers: Ian Cockerill, Malcolm Teeling (pen).

Team: Mark Hart, Malcolm Teeling, Mark Hopkins, Kevin Walsh, Phil Bailey, Neil Hughes, Steve Whipps, Jim Rosborough, John Taylor, Ian Cockerill, Kirk Jennings. Subs: Dave Coleman, Trevor Burroughs. (Confirmed)

P17 W5 D8 L4 F20 A19 Pts23 Pos9

So Close Oak

Battling Mile Oak were unlucky not to come away with at least a share of the spoils in this critical local derby. The Oak boys had worked very hard but were denied the result to which they were entitled after playing the majority of the game with only ten men. Rovers should have taken the lead as early as the 4th minute when a corner from Thurman completely deceived three Rovers men and rolled across the face of goal. It was all Mile Oak for the first ten minutes and then Coleshill shocked everyone by hitting the lead with a close range Cockerill effort. Coleshill then looked a different team and it was no surprise when they doubled their lead via a Teeling penalty after Cockerill's effort was handled on the line by Perkins. Poor old Perkins was sent off as a result and Oak were 2-0 down, one man down and seemingly out of it. But then Mile Oak took control and only bad finishing and good Coleshill keeping kept them at bay. The second half continued in the same vein and Brookes in the Oak goal had nothing to do. Again Rovers pushed forward and played some of their best soccer of the season. Their goal, on 71 minutes, was a classic eight man move which ended with left back Osbourne rifling home. Chances were still being created but would not go in and then with five minutes left Ellison was left clear and Hopkins in the Coleshill defence pulled him down becoming the second sending off. Sadly that was the last major incident and agonisingly Oak had lost again.

Mile Oak settled down quickly and Thurman was unlucky when his shot was deflected for the first corner of the game on four minutes. Coleshill pressurised the Mile Oak defence and from a resulting corner the ball bounced luckily and Cockerill pounced to make it 1-0. After 20 minutes Perkins handled on the goal line from a Hughes header and was sent off. Teeling made it 2-0 to Coleshill from the penalty.
Half Time: Coleshill 2 v 0 Mile Oak.

Battling Oak Are Felled At Double

Bottom of the table Mile Oak battled bravely but were again denied any glory in a game which finished with both teams only 10 players. Coleshill dominated spells of the first half with Cockerill and Teeling scoring two goals to give the home side a commanding lead. Mile Oak played well under the circumstances after Perkins was sent off after only ten minutes play. Osbourne put Mile Oak back into the game with a 71st minute goal and then Coleshill lost defender Hopkins who was given his marching orders for a foul.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1991-1992”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest