Coleshill Town 2 v 3 Heanor Town

First Team Match Reports 2016-2017

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2553
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 2 v 3 Heanor Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:37 pm

Tuesday 6th September 2016
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 2 v 3 Heanor Town
Colemen: Dean Rathbone pen, Simeon Cobourne.
Heanor: Kieran Debrouwer 2, Elliot Reeves.
Attendance: 75.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Dean Rathbone (Coleshill) Joe Naylor (Heanor)
Supporters Club Man Of The Match: Simeon Cobourne.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Andre Gonzales, Josh Quaynor, Gavin Hurren (Aaron Garvey), Liam Franks, Tom Weale, Simeon Cobourne, Sam Adkins (Mykel Beckley), Luke Barlone, Giovanni Dainty, Dean Rathbone. Subs not used Modou Jarra, Craig Milligan, Jesse Race.

The Lions: Joe McCormack, Greg Marriot, Keenan Layton, Matt Harris, Nick Hall, Ashleigh Lynch, Dominic Wilkinson, Joe Naylor, Nathan Benger, Kieran Debrouwer, Elliot Reeves. Subs Scott Staniland, Arash Abdouahi, Alex Brown.

Coleshill worked really hard for their win in The Lions den just three weeks ago but Heanor quickly gained revenge as they romped to a three goal lead by half time. The Colemen came out fighting in the second half and pulled two goals back but couldn't find a third which would have earned an unlikely point.

As on Saturday Coleshill's concentration at the start of the game was poor as the visitors could have scored in less than the 35 seconds it took Halesowen. But once the game did settle down it was a real ding-dong end-to end encounter. Coleshill had a header scrape the bar, Simeon Cobourne saw two shots defected for corners and debutant Liam Francis saw a header go just wide of the post. But in reply Debrouwer hit the bar from a free kick from just outside the box. A quick break involving Francis and Luke Barlone released Cobourne in the box but he lost his footing at the crucial time. Then Dean Rathbone cut inside and watched as his curling shot went just the wrong side of the upright. Sam Adkins shot wide and a Barlone effort was deflected for a corner, then Naylor shot wide and a Debrouwer effort from distance was not too far off target. It was anyone's game at this stage as two evenly matched sides went toe to toe but on 35 minutes the visitors drew first blood. After some impressive football by both sides it was route one stuff that broke the deadlock as keeper McCormack kicked long, Bengar headed onward for Debrouwer who cut inside his marker and shot into the far corner of the net. No-one in the ground expected what happened next as Heanor completely took charge over the next seven minutes. On 38 minutes a sweeping move ended with Naylor crossing to the far post where Reeves volleyed the ball home with his left foot. On 42 minutes a through ball left Debrouwer in oceans of room and he had time and space to casually lob the ball over home keeper Hathaway and into the net for 3-0.

Coleshill had to respond and they did as they put the visitors defence under constant pressure. The Lions were coping well with everything Coleshill threw at them until the hour mark when Luke Barlone had his feet taken away in the penalty box. Dean Rathbone took the resulting penalty, scored and it was game on. On 65 minutes a great run by Gio Dainty got him to the bye line and his cross along the six yard box was swept home by Simeon Cobourne. 3-2 and still 25 minutes to play. It was all Coleshill now as Heanor defended deeper and deeper but they defended magnificently and Coleshill could not find that killer pass, so at the whistle a relieved Heanor Town took the points.

Town have only played three home league games so far but have lost two as visiting teams seem to raise their game on Coleshill's magnificent 3G surface.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2016-2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest