Coleshill Town 2 v 4 Hinckley AFC - League Cup

First Team Match Reports 2016-2017

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2553
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 2 v 4 Hinckley AFC - League Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:30 pm

Tuesday 1st November 2016
Midland Football League - League Cup Round 2
Coleshill Town 2 v 4 Hinckley AFC - After Extra Time - 2-2 at 90 minutes
Town: Corey Currithers, Jordan Nadat.
Hinckley: Lee Butler, Ryan Seal, Andrew Westwood, Javia Roberts.
Attendance: 103.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Haydn Whitcombe (Hinckley)
Supporters Club Man Of The Match, Sponsored by Greensleeves: Dale Taylor.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Andre Gonzales, Taylor Byrne (Josh Quaynor), Rob Evans, Craig Milligan, Dale Taylor, Corey Currithers, Tom Weale, Luke Shorthouse (Dean Rathbone), Jordan Nadat, Giovanni Dainty (Jason Albini). Subs not used Curvin Ellis, Josh Sherrington.

Hinckley: Haydn Whitcombe, James Williams, Lee Thomas, Mark Williams, Jamal Clarke, Tom McCrystal, Lee Butler, Ryan Seal, Javia Roberts, Paul Sullivan, Andy Westwood. Subs Leadun Dunlevy, Jack Farmer, Kristian Dickson.

Coleshill exited their second cup competition on consecutive Tuesdays' in almost identical circumstances. Just seven days ago in the Birmingham Senior Cup, Town were 2-0 down at the break to Highgate United, pulled it back with a much better second half performance but ultimately lost to a late goal. The only difference in this League Cup game against Hinckley was that the late goal (s) came in extra time. Coleshill were second best in the first 45 minutes and the visitors took advantage. Hinckley took the lead on 6 minutes with a free kick that Josh Quaynor would have been proud of. Lee Butler took the kick and found the top corner of the net perfectly. Town were a shadow of the side that destroyed Westfields just three days prior but still had chances, but when they did they found a very resolute defence diving infront of shots and an inspired performance by the Hinckley goalkeeper. With just two minutes to go until half time the visitors captain Ryan Seal ventured forward to the edge of the Coleshill box, fell over and Giovanni Dainty caught his trailing leg. Penalty? Not only was it not a foal but it was outside the box! No matter, Seal picked himself up and scored past Town keeper Paul Hathaway.

Literally, just a couple of tweaks and Coleshill were a different side in the second half. Corey Currithers started the come back on 54 minutes with a fine run into the box and an unstoppable shot that found the far corner of the net. An end to end game then could have gone either way. A shot by Dickson was heading for the net until Hathaway pulled off a magnificent save, then on 63 minutes Town drew level. A free kick by Tom Weale was parried by the Hinckley keeper but Jordan Nadat was on hand to force the ball over the line for his first goal for Coleshill since his return. Coleshill then took control, although the visitors looked really busy on the break, but just couldn't find the third goal that would have surely secured the game. Hinckley held in there and the game went to extra time.

Coleshill were still in complete control but couldn't find a way past Whitcombe in the Hinckley goal and the first 15 minutes went past with the score still 2-2.

A Coleshill winner looked inevitable but on 113 minutes a long ball evaded the Town defence and Westwood cleverly chested the ball into his path and toe poked under Hathaway and into the net 2-3. Coleshill kept plugging away, chance after chance but it just wasn't their night. With three minutes remaining Roberts, who had worked tirelessly all night, found himself clear of the home defence and confidently beat Hathaway with a rasping shot, 2-4 game over.

Hinckley deserved their win over the whole 120 minutes as they battled for everything but, the first 45 minutes apart, Coleshill had enough chances to win two or three games but can now concentrate on the League and of course the much anticipated FA Vase clash with Uttoxeter in eleven days time.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2016-2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest