Uttoxeter Town 1 v 3 Coleshill Town - FA Vase

First Team Match Reports 2016-2017

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Uttoxeter Town 1 v 3 Coleshill Town - FA Vase

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Saturday 12th November 2016
Buildbase FA Vase Second Round Proper
Uttoxeter Town 1 v 3 Coleshill Town
U's: Callum Lovatt.
Town: Andre Gonzales, Craig Milligan, Josh Quaynor.
Attendance: 160.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Callum Lovatt (Uttoxeter) Tom Weale (Coleshill)

Uttoxeter: Michael Allen, Harry Price, Oli Ritchie, Doug Price, Callum Lovatt, Jason Cockshutt, Martin Gadsby, Liam Sowten, Luke Lewis, Louis Sherwin, Luke George Lewis. Subs John Atherton, Sean Dunion, Adam Hilton, George Woodruffe, Joe Lewis.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Rob Evans, Josh Quaynor, Dale Taylor, Gavin Hurren (Andre Gonzales), Tom Fishwick, Reece Leek, Craig Milligan, Josh Sherrington (Curvin Ellis), Giovanni Dainty, Tom Weale (Jack Cook). Subs not used Dean Rathbone, Tevin Shakespeare, Jason Albini.

Coleshill Town will take their place in the last 64 draw for the FA Vase tomorrow. Coleshill had too much for Midland Division One hosts Uttoxeter Town with a comfortable 3-1 win. Andre Gonzalez, firing home after Tom Weale hit the bar, gave the Colemen a 32nd minute lead and ten minutes into the second half Craig Milligan nodded home a Reece Leek cross. Josh Quaynor smashed home a 70th minute free kick for 3-0 before Uttoxeter's Callum Lovatt grabbed a late consolation.

Coleshill played Uttoxeter in the FA Vase for the second year running and once again progressed to the next round but this time they didn't need to rely on a 95th minute winner as they eased to 3-0 with twenty minutes remaining and then survived an onslaught from the home side.

The game started well enough but quickly transformed into a scappy, niggly affair that wasn't helped by some curious refereeing decisions. Josh Sherrington was quickly on to a poor back pass but his toe-poke was saved by Keeper Allen's feet, and a Rob Evans effort from distance wasn't too far over the bar. Coleshill had to re-shuffle the defence when Gavin Hurren picked up an injury but the switch worked well as substitute Andre Gonzales opened the scoring just after the half hour. Tom Weale took a free kick from at least 25 yards and hit the bar, Sherrington was onto the rebound but saw Allen save his effort only for the ball to fall nicely for Gonzales who smashed into the net. Home left full back Ritchie did well to find Lewis whose shot skimmed the bar. Rob Evans played a defence splitting pass for Reece Leek who looked to have scored but Allen again saved with his feet at full stretch. A Sowten shot bounced awkwardly in front of Town keeper Paul Hathaway who parried the effort and was up quickly to deny Lewis's follow-up shot, then Lovatt headed a corner over from a great position.

A slip in defence allowed Giovanni Dainty a free run and he set up Sherrington but he dragged a left foot effort just wide of the post. Reece Leek was having a hard time against possibly Uttoxeter's best player Ritchie but just before the hour mark the winger left his marker for dead and sent in a cross that midfield runner Craig Milligan headed in at the far post. The home side had some good periods of possession but Coleshill's defence was well organised and Uttoxeter had to rely on long range efforts that never troubled Hathaway. Josh Quaynor found Sherrington who picked out Tom Weale on the edge of the box and his left foot shot scraped the post. Dainty held up play and set up Milligan but his right foot shot went over the bar then Weale hit the wood-work for the third time as his vicious free kick skimmed the far post. On 72 minutes substitute Curvin Ellis gained another from kick just outside the box and Josh Quaynor saw his effort squeeze under the body of the diving Allen. 3-0, game over? Whether it was Coleshill taking their foot off the gas or Uttoxeter upping the pace but they put Town under pressure for the last twenty minutes. Ritchie pushed further forward and substitute Atherton ran at the Town defence and really made a game of it. Coleshill thought they had cleared a corner but when the ball came back in Lewis saw his shot saved by Hathaway but Lovatt was on hand to smash the rebound into the net. Ten minutes for Town to hang on! Atherton's run and shot was saved by Hathaway then the stoppers defence came to the rescue to block the follow-up effort. Atherton forced a corner which Tom Fishwick's towering header cleared then saved from Atherton as time was running out. The last opportunity was Coleshill's as Reece Leek cleverly controlled a long Hathaway clearance then shot just inches over the bar.

The draw for the next round is on Monday and Coleshill eagerly await who they have to play to get to the 4th round for the third time in four years.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2016-2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest